• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Extended warranty

Buy 4 year Y.E.S. for $1400

• Total voters

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a last chance to buy an extended warranty on my boat.

2014 AR190 55 hours yesterday.

Speedo doesn't work ($40-$200 fix)

Bimini top zipper lost its traveler
trying to take care of this before it runs out in a few days.

Can buy 4 year for $1400. $350/year

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a tough decision @njmr2fan IMHO you won't benefit from the warranty for the little things. If you're a handy guy, it's usually more of a hassle bringing the boat to a dealer for warranty work than just doing it yourself and you have better upgrade options too.

But the warranty can save your bacon if there's a major engine issue (very rare).
The extended warranty will help sell your boat much faster if you happen to need to sell it for any unforeseen reason.

Also, shop around for the best price. I'm not sure where you're getting your price from, but in the past this was a negotiable item. Some dealers tend to mark up everything.

Good luck with your decision.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Ive heard the same from a few folks already.

Even a friend who manages 3 marinas in NJ told me to save my cash and ask him for any parts I need in the future.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I not only agree, but agree 100% with Dennis (@itsdgm ). $1400 goes a long way for repairs.

Plus, if you are going to do the $1400 to get the speedo done, make sure that there is not an exclusion for stuff broken before you signed up... Just sayin.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Received a one year extension to existing warranty in the mail. I automatically declined. The few times the my marina service supervisor has placed claims to Yamaha have always been met with a refusal. First, The bubbling of the dash board in a small spot was a “blemish” and not covered. Despite arguing the boat was always covered when docked and stored in a garage during winter. Thus I stated quality of material was sub par. 2nd, when timing chain failed at 70 hours and under warranty, Yamaha delayed repair by questioning shop supervisor on parts ordered. 3rd, flaking on bottom of boat in small area, was considered a “blemish.” Still under warranty too. Service advisor also agreed flaking was worthy of calling Yamaha. I am not impressed and would consider another brand In The future due to lack of accountability on part of Yamaha.