• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Extra connectors in the helm...

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious. I was examining the area under the helm and dash to see about mounting a gps.

There are extra connectors there. Pic below. One says diag. so that is pretty obvious. Anyone know what the other are for? Hoping one is a depth finder hookup.

Also, i think its kind of funny that Yamaha would use Activision for the connectx screen and maybe software. If i connect an Atari 2600 paddle controller to the extra connectors maybe I can play Kaboom! while i drive20190106_134838.jpg ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the one on the right is a fuse, the next to the left as you point out is your diagnostic hook up, the next one might be a fuse too, and the third one might be a GPS hook up (not sure of the 190 comes with GPS speedo)

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The one on the left looks somewhat like a NMEA2k leg (not trunk)

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started a thread earlier today about NMEA connection. I didn't think look behind the dash...I'll have to check it out tomorrow. My 195 has a connector marked GPS.

Gotta love Yamaha...even the wires are labeled. Posi-tapped power and ground from the plug.

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By the way, the 1.5in RAM suction cup holds a 9in (Simrad Go9) chartplotter just fine.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious. I was examining the area under the helm and dash to see about mounting a gps.

There are extra connectors there. Pic below. One says diag. so that is pretty obvious. Anyone know what the other are for? Hoping one is a depth finder hookup.

Also, i think its kind of funny that Yamaha would use Activision for the connectx screen and maybe software. If i connect an Atari 2600 paddle controller to the extra connectors maybe I can play Kaboom! while i driveView attachment 86346 ?
Love the reference to Kaboom! ActiVision is a name used by the supplier that provides the displays to Yamaha.