• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

extra shade?

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just ordered a scarab 215 with a wake tower and included bimini top. My wife would like more shade in the rear louge area. Anyone know where to buy a rear shade or some type of add on that does this without looking contrived?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are going to use your wake tower for towing a Bimini extension will get in the way of the tow rope travel and getting it hooked up.

I'm sure a canvas company can add an extension to the Bimini quite easily. You will have a zipper added to the rear of the current Bimini. That's where the extension will attach. There will also be 2 legs that will need to tie back into the boat or existing Bimini.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't know the layout on the Scarab. But many guys on here, in lieu of a bimini extension, use an umbrella on the aft deck. Our early boats had a mount for the tables center platform that could easily be rigged to hold a common deck umbrella. You could easily rig something using the cleats to help secure if necessary. The bimini extensions were nice when they were available but didn't fit all the boats. The fit the early 210/230 line up to 2009, but they stopped supplying them. You could have a canvas company sew a zipper into the aft edge of your bimini, on the extension, and have poles and mounts to support it made. Lots of ways to skin the cat in all price ranges. But I don't know of a stock solution for that boat. You might try this and see if it would work...
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/yamaha-sun-shade?b=Boat&d=13|13&dealernumber=
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.11.54 AM.png

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. I think I can find an extension that
will work. It wouldnt be used when wakeboarding. Just for cruising and tubing.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Pretty cool!