• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

EZ LOCKS IN!!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg Just installed the EZ LOCKS from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC , I have peace of mind now!! Oh yeah and they were EZ to install about 5 minutes!!! Can't beat that!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with both of you. They've saved me a few times already.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JC6275, I think we now need to tie each of them to something that floats or install something to tie them to in the cleanout tray. I still take my plugs out after every trip so that I don't have the problem with them getting stuck. I pull them out, rotate them 180 degrees, and then rest them back in the hole

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
image.jpg @4x15mph , I forgot to post that pic. Bungees to fender, to clean outs with EZ locks attached...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow just a bit OVERBOARD yea pun intended.
The newer boats have a cable attaching the clean out plug to the boat, people slip the lanyard on the cable . I show it on this quick video
You may want to incorporate a cable like the newer boats use, this will keep you from dropping a plug or a lock into the water.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The newer boats have a cable attaching the clean out plug to the boat, people slip the lanyard on the cable . I show it on this quick video
You may want to incorporate a cable like the newer boats use, this will keep you from dropping a plug or a lock into the water.
I will give that a try, I just used the fender because that's what the previous owner used, he had a blow out and lost a plug ... " no EZ locks" thanks for making such an important mod/safety addition so EZ " pun intended" to install..

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I did my install this past week too. Used them out yesterday! Same as my previous set...EZ! And...I just put the lanyard for the EZ Locks over the existing lanyard that retains each of the plugs, the same way I did on my 230, and the same way Jeff recommends...EZ!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Oh I forgot, I only had to "giggle" at the locks for a few seconds!!! I can't believe that works!!! But it did...:D

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That reminds me I forgot to take out my plugs after going to the lake Saturday.
Memory is the first thing that goes. Now what were we talking about? :confused:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Memory is the first thing that goes. Now what were we talking about? :confused:
I understand it is the second thing that goes. ;):rolleyes::(

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Talk about memory going first, I'm 38 years old, when I get home at night I go in , lock the door behind me, it is 6 steps to the second door. by the time I get to it I can't remember if I locked the first door!!!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just wait, it only gets worse. Hell I hardly remember when I was 38.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I understand it is the second thing that goes. ;):rolleyes::(
You're probably right, but I can't remember what the first thing is...:oops:

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yea everyone knows the first thing to go is your waistline or something close to that!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
yea everyone knows the first thing to go is your waistline or something close to that!
But at least they have good drugs for one of the two things! And those make you young again...hell, who am I kidding, it is recreational! No one "needs" it, lol, but it does make it more fun!

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
UPS Man is my favorite person - whoohoo my brand new cleanout plugs just arrived. EZ-Locks installed - now for the big (real) test run on the boat. Can't wait!

Wholly crackers - the kids took the boat out an maaaan that baby moves.. OMG - glad I got this boat.
OH YEAH! The plugs are right where we put them - as they should! Thanks Jeff for the security knowing my $$$parts won't be at the bottom of the lake.

Last edited: