• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

F150 - 1 Million pound tow

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is going to be a great option when it’s available.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I own an F150 and really like it. I would potentially buy an all electric F150, but this whole thing seems ridiculous to me. There’s no way this is possible. That strap probably can’t even support a fraction of that weight, let alone the frame of the truck. Not to mention, how the hell did they stop the freight cars? They conveniently left that part out.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I own an F150 and really like it. I would potentially buy an all electric F150, but this whole thing seems ridiculous to me. There’s no way this is possible. That strap probably can’t even support a fraction of that weight, let alone the frame of the truck. Not to mention, how the hell did they stop the freight cars? They conveniently left that part out.

He addresses the strap directly towards the end.

They were only going 4.5mph, so stopping was probably just as unimpressive as the pulling, but didn't serve thier marketing purposes.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Uphill then I’ll feel a little bad about buying a new tundra next time. But no hard feelings I’ll still give you a ride when you have it in for repairs😁 if you find a place where we can park that and the space shuttle I’m towing I’ll buy you a beer to.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Liveto99 quite the opposite, I’ll put both halves of the rusted out Toyota on the train and tow you to buy me a beer. Or was it only the Tacoma’s that got free frame replacements? [flag][flag];) All joking aside, I’ll never own anything but a Ford pickup at this point. I’ve had 70,000 trouble free miles on the current 2018 and 160,000 on the last 2014, not even a check engine light!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Agree it’s no different than the strength contests where the strong dudes pull a train car or whatever. In reality these things are all on wheels, once they start moving it’s pretty much momentum.