• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

f150 diesel

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looking forward to the release of the 3l diesel,

@LeeFlan7 received many pre-orders or know anything more about actually receiving them?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I have been waiting for this as well.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did wholesale this week for the next 4 weeks and that order bank was not opened, Id expect to see orders in May and see the vehicle in any sort of numbers in early-mid summer.
We have had the in-store training, but, as of today WBDO (fords vehicle build tool) will not allow me to process the order, I was hoping to cheat the system a little bit but it seems these damn computers are smarter than I am.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How long until the EPA decides it's cheating?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there any stats out on the engine yet? HP, toruqe, mpg, displacement?
Yes! Basically, my understanding is it is the TD6 (or Lion 6 of Ford/Peugeot/Citroen - aka AJD-V6), been around for a long time - is now in Land Rovers, too.
That should be the best F150 ever, and the first I would consider buying.

Let me tell you this: I now drive daily a Audi Q7 TDI (w/3.0l diesel) and a Toyota Land Cruiser (5.7l gasser - same as in Tundra).
I have to turn the Q7 in (for EPA sanctioned buy-out from VW) and I'll miss that turbo diesel like crazy!!!!

Two things:
  1. low RPM range POWER (max torque at 1,750 RPM)
  2. TWICE the range (typically 600+ miles between fill-ups)
You just can't get that with a gasser.

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I could get close to 600 miles out of my F150

....though it takes 36 gallons to do so, lol.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a f250 with the 6.0. Love that thing.. However it had a lot of little shit I had to fix.. It is low mileage and diesels don't like to sit.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I could get close to 600 miles out of my F150

....though it takes 36 gallons to do so, lol.
I have a 17 F150 with the 10 speed and once it warms up I can get over 700 miles out of a tank (36 gallons of course and this is highway driving not interstate).

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good to hear. I've only had mine for a few months, but never a full highway tank ('17 3.5/10s)

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My '14 F-150 Ecoboost, 2wd, xlt, 3.15's gets 17 mpg daily driving it. I get 21 to 23 mpg out of a full tank to the Outer Islands and back (70+ mph.
~43x miles per tank daily driving.

My FIL reports his 5.0 '15 f-150 has a lifetime average of 21 mpg. (nearly all highway miles as he's a sales manager.)

Interested to see how the "little" diesel does.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
MPG’s are out.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I wonder what the mpg is while towing one of our boats? @swatski What do you get towing the AR with the Q7. Also what did you get towing the 190 with the Q? I am curious. The Silverado will be coming next year with a Duramax. I lust after my neighbors 2016 Duramax 2500 4x4.. We towed my boat with it last year in Charleston. I can honestly say you would never no its back there. I am sure this new F150 is going to be a huge hit!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll keep my 375/470 gasser. At a 5MPG boost, it's going to take an awful long time to overcome the initial upcharge, higher diesel costs, and increased maintenance.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
(Mumbles under breath) except for the ford part! DANG! WAS THAT OUT LOUD? UMMMMM.. THINK THINK!
.. ...

COOLERS? WHICH IS BETTER?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder what the mpg is while towing one of our boats? @swatski What do you get towing the AR with the Q7. Also what did you get towing the 190 with the Q? I am curious. The Silverado will be coming next year with a Duramax. I lust after my neighbors 2016 Duramax 2500 4x4.. We towed my boat with it last year in Charleston. I can honestly say you would never no its back there. I am sure this new F150 is going to be a huge hit!
I wish I could tell with accuracy but I find it varies so much. Good radials ont he trailer, inflated to the max cold pressure - helps too a great deal, I find. What makes me love those things DIESEL most - is about more the range than the mpg, at least the way I look at it. It just seems like it is twice as good with a TDI as compares to a gas V6/V8.

as far as Q7 performance/drive-ability - the low center of gravity, combined with the low end torque and crazy good traction control - all of which feel slightly magical. Even if one compares those TDIs to even the best gassers, such as the toyota 5.7 V8 - which generates plenty of torque, just not quite in the same fashion.

I agree with @seanmclean -I would not buy a diesel for fuel savings, that's just not there I think. But the low end torque, and the range - yes, that's very helpful. Our new land cruiser, awesome as it is, has literally the shittiest range of I think any car I have ever driven , save maybe some large u-haul trucks, lol... and that is one thing I don't love about it.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the comment about the tires has to be very accurate as well as the boat aerodynamics

in July of 2017 I averaged 12mpg Dallas to Port Everglades with my sx240 5 people in the truck and tons of crap with AC running at max. Tires fully inflated & boat covered.

in January of 2018 , I took a AR192 from Houston to NC.
the first 300 miles I got 8mpg ( no cover on the boat, and tires turned out to be at ~20PSI)
the remaining trip I got almost 12mpg ( tires at 50PSI but still no cover).