• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory seat replacement

Sx230 fun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wanted to replace the rear backrest on my 2008 sx230. The Yamaha dealership tells me I can't buy the factory seats anymore. I brought the boat to an upholstery guy who informed me he can't get the right vinyl to match the factory. I'm not sure what to do about this. Any advice would be appreciated.

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might try: http://jetskisint.com/oem-parts-finder

They still show them on the parts list. I got my "new to me" boat last year and it came with a replacement seat for me to install. They had stepped on the edge of the starboard seat that is part of the engine hatch and cracked it right were it cantilevered over the edge of the support.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might want the call @JetBoatPilot . Will had/has a source on matching vinyl for certain years....not sure 2008 is one of them.

Sx230 fun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you they had the parts.

Sx230 fun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got word they had to refund my money due to the product not being available any longer. I'm going to try to call @JetBoatPilot. Thank you

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
bummer sorry about that. I guess i got lucky my extra one came with the boat.

Sx230 fun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot was able to provide me with the correct vinyl. Thanks for the help.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man those seats are pricey, whey would the port seat cost be different from starboard, same seat just reversed