• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory Sound System or not?????

If you are waiting on a new boat to be built would you prefer to have a factory sound system or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
So many people have and do put down a deposit on a boat that hasn't been built yet every year.
If you were in the market for a new boat would you like to have the option of not getting the factory sound system?

Thoughts

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Depends on what you mean by "factory"...do you mean the basic system or an upgraded system with amps, etc.? I would want at least a basic system so the holes are there for me to replace the speakers if needed. In my case, the stock speakers sound decent, just need some power from an amp to get them pumping. I wouldn't pay to have an upgraded system installed as I can do that myself. I selected "maybe" in the poll.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I did just that. When I purchased the 192 I upgraded to the better sound system (amp with better speakers and sub); really glad I did.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just so that everyone is on the same page, yamaha kinda screw us on the 252se, the rear unit now its an actual remote, not the head unit as it was on the 2019 242lse i had, looks like the connex its the actual head unit with no adjustments or anything i need to figure out if i will have to just bypass the connex and install my own head unit and remote as i need to get rid of the POS wet sound sytem and install all jl, dont get me wrong WS is great but not when yamaha has control of the production of it, looks like the big bosses dont play music or just plain simple dont boat, this play is a big step backwards on yamaha part.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just so that everyone is on the same page, yamaha kinda screw us on the 252se, the rear unit now its an actual remote, not the head unit as it was on the 2019 242lse i had, looks like the connex its the actual head unit with no adjustments or anything i need to figure out if i will have to just bypass the connex and install my own head unit and remote as i need to get rid of the POS wet sound sytem and install all jl, dont get me wrong WS is great but not when yamaha has control of the production of it, looks like the big bosses dont play music or just plain simple dont boat, this play is a big step backwards on yamaha part.
Why not just replace the amp and rewire the speakers? The amp is crippled by DSP, but the speakers are decent. And I hear the Connext is getting a software upgrade that will correct and add some features.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why not just replace the amp and rewire the speakers? The amp is crippled by DSP, but the speakers are decent. And I hear the Connext is getting a software upgrade that will correct and add some features.
already replaced all 6.5 wet sounds with jl m3 rgb's way better sound but still not good , need to add tower speakers and another sub that will require more amps which i already have 2 jl 700/5 and a WS pre amp, as we all know there is no rc anywhere on the system and as far aas i know not even an on/off for the stereo, nbot on the connex not on the remote. my 2019 at least had a EQ app on the connex not the 2021, yes i replaced the ws amp on the 2019 242 after the first outing on it, ill be listing both of them for sale soon

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Apparently with the connext being the head unit, the boat/connext has to be on all the time to play music while floating? Unlike the 2019 242, has anyone figured out a way to play without the the conext being on?