• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Failed attempt: bluetooth speaker for the deck

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I had this great idea. I put both a waterproof bluetooth speaker and a bluetooth transmitter on my Christmas list. And got both.

The transmitter I got: https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0769Q8YW1 . See, it features an RCA input, so I figured I could split my RCA jacks going to my amp to that, then put the bluetooth speaker on the back and that would at least let me have some better sound on the back deck.

Went out a couple of days ago and installed that. So, the transmitter hooked up to the speaker fine, reached to the back deck fine. But apparently, though the input was RCA, the expectation was not that it would not be a line-level feed, but a headphone-level feed. So, turning the speaker all the way up, I could barely hear it (and then only if I disabled all the speakers other than my sub.

And, what I could hear was delayed about 1/2 a beat.

So, there you go, in case you have the smart idea to try the same thing...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to that with my TV at home so we could have a small speaker by our chairs, we had the same 1/2 beat delay, we would have to turn the volume on the TV down and only use the speaker,

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have used these speaker rocks on the deck for many years. Range is limited, but we have music at the pool without blasting everyone out of the house. We use them "occasionally". They work for what we use them for. They do require 15v transformer for power.
Screenshot_20190123-075935_Chrome.jpg

I tried to upload a 2.31MB photo of our speakers, but recieved a messge that file is too large to process.

Screenshot_20190123-081225_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: