• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Falls Lake, Wake County, North Carolina

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have a slip for our boat on Falls Lake, and an Airdock to keep her bottom clean. We boat here because it is the closest lake to our house (if we walk down the ravine behind our house we reach a finger of the lake). The lake is very long, and narrow in spots - which is cool for cruising through. It is a fairly new lake, so the water clarity is not good. Once we get logo wear, stickers and cards, I'll be putting cards on all the other jet boaters at RollingView Marina so they find use here. There are at least 5 other Yamahas at the marina!

image.jpg

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was trying to find boating info about Falls Lake last summer. Wasn't sure boats were allowed, or if there was a HP limit. Guess I know now!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish we could go and see that sparkling new boat of yours but we have other plans today... one day! Hey.. how about sept 10th? Lol

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Almost went to Falls today. Seemed like noone else was going in the boat show thread, so we did jordan instead. And ran into @waterboy! Was a great day.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hoping to talk the crew into going to falls lake for the day tomorrow. Been camping at Holly Point a few times and mountain biking at Beaverdam but never actually taken boat to Falls. Coming from Greenville it looks like Barton Creek Boat Ramp (4 triangle on the park map) is closest for me. Is this ramp decent? How are water levels in Falls now? I know the Rollingview ramp is good just trying to minimize the driving all I can.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhhhh... Barton creek... it's a free ramp so that should tell u alot.. this time of year is should not be bad.. it's pretty
Steep though... for just a few miles farther you caN go to the hwy 50 ramp.. it's like 6 bucks to get in but there are bathrooms and a large parking lot.. and several lanes.... Barton Creek is ... uh.... did I mention it's a free ramp... !!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The last time I went to Barton Creek ramp I saw a man and woman with a Oldsmobile trying to launch and old bass boat.... I know .. u just said. An Oldsmobile truck? I didn't say truck! It was a little front wheel drive car that got stuck on the ramp cause it couldn't pull the boat up the ramp... blocked the entire area... no one could move.. it was fun to watch from the water!

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So what you're saying is the Berton Creek Ramp is like all the ramps around here. ;)

Good to know the hwy50 Ramp has bathrooms....for Momma's sake anyway.

The Holly Point Ramp was empty this summer even on a weekend but now I see why. That one is for campers only.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes we drove up there and they turned us around because we were not campers.. hwy 50 is really nice.. it just closes at 9. When u leave the boat ramp if u turn right and go under the bridge into the wide section of the lake there is a boat beach about half way down on the right.. it's the one just past the swim beach.. they have bathrooms too..

Last edited:

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Went to hwy 50 ramp. Now hanging out at boat beach. Wind is WHIPPING! IMG_1278.JPG

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We always end up at the boat beach when we go.. we also have rented the covered picnic area there too.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhhhh... Barton creek... it's a free ramp so that should tell u alot.. this time of year is should not be bad.. it's pretty
Steep though... for just a few miles farther you caN go to the hwy 50 ramp.. it's like 6 bucks to get in but there are bathrooms and a large parking lot.. and several lanes.... Barton Creek is ... uh.... did I mention it's a free ramp... !!!
Barton Creek is a very steep ramp and can get slippery. I know this may be obvious or normal for a lot of boaters, but I was not a fan of the steepness. --great location though......

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@bronze_10 Can't wait to hear what you think of Smith Mt.. Take some pics.. See you guys in a few weeks in the low country!