• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FatSac Drain Plug Attachment

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Are there any replacement options or custom modifications anyone has done to the Gantlin FatSac drain plug? Specifically looking to keep it attached to the fatsac so it doesn't sink when unscrewing the plug at the end of the day. I am always worried that it's going to shoot out slip out of my hand.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe this is what you want.

Just replace all the plugs with the same intake plug used with the pump, cap is attached with a chain.

however, I will say that those caps can get a little loose over time. My daughter has popped the cap off just by flipping the rope around it... she says. I don’t know if she’s fidgeting in the water, rubbing against it, or if it really comes off that easy. But, either way... I have to run back and put the cap back on occasionally.

I may see if I can find a thicker diameter rubber ring (to make it fit tighter) this year or come up with something else. I have 3 of the above plugs, and the one vent plug. (Which I have drilled all the way through to allow more air in with fewer turns).

I’m also using a 2nd over the side pump to half my fill time. Works very well.

(Edit: Verify that’s the right part. There could be different sizes, I just copied the first link that had the right picture)

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah, that's what I was looking at. My boat is covered up for the winter, so I don't have easy access to go take a look at the plug right now. Does the existing one just simply come out and that one goes in it's place?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It will be the same threads as the current plug you have. Just unscrew and stick the original in your glove box and screw this one on.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tagging @jcyamaharider to verify the fitment of my link above before you purchase anything. :)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there any replacement options or custom modifications anyone has done to the Gantlin FatSac drain plug? Specifically looking to keep it attached to the fatsac so it doesn't sink when unscrewing the plug at the end of the day. I am always worried that it's going to shoot out slip out of my hand.
Been there done that... I bought a couple extra afterwards. I've since added an accessory hose and different fitting to one of the lower drains, but there's still one tool fuss with.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep that is the fitting. Direct swap. I have 3 of them on my bag, 2 at the bottom to allow for a quick drain and one up top for a fill. I also use one at the bottom for a fill also.