• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Feeling bummed that the season is almost over.....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is the time of year that I dread!! Getting ready to winterize the boat for another year and start accumulating winter mods. Once my boat goes in the garage it isn't coming out until next boating season so I have to make sure that I am done. Our last fall cruise is sometime in October so after that we are done. I guess the good thing is we have had plenty of time on the boat this year and we are already planning our next year vacations!

We really don't have an off season in California . We just can't go in the water after November . It's still fun to take the boat out for a spin cause the lake is calm and we just sit in the middle and eat lunch and listen to the stereo . We still fog the engines and winterize it. This season seems like it went by fast . Now that we have a new rig we are taking her to Powell next season for sure!

This is my off season, it's just too rainy to get enough quality time on the water before you have to run for your life. At least that's what I tell myself as I miss yet another boating season!

Same here :( I'm trying like hard to figure out how to get mine back in the garage !!!

Our season will last through October and into November for some brisk afternoon cruises on occasion. The issue becomes water level more than temperature. The lake is beginning to cool off so swimming is soon to be only for the hardcore water people in the family. Still plenty of sunny days for the lake though.
Yesterday we went to our favorite spot for the afternoon. This time of year the lake is virtually deserted on weekdays, calm and quiet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 16
I used to consider the end of September the end of boating season but the last few years winters and springs have been dry so we have taken a few breakfast cruises throughout those years and expect to do the same this drought year. Last weekend the highs were in the 90s here in NorCal,in scal (Valencia /magic mountain) it was 104. This week 83 in NorCal . Still I'm on my last trip of the "season" , can't boat all the time and getting people to go gets tougher as the wind and water chill.

Was hoping to go out this weekend but I've got rain in the forecast both days. Next weekend looks better so keeping my fingers crossed. The "last ride for the season" is coming soon (if I haven't had it already).

Bummed myself... We only managed to get out twice this year. Fortunately one of the two outings was a week in Cumberland.

This year is done for me now too. :( I rolled her into the garage yesterday for the end of the year cleaning, also fogged the engines yesterday as well. Probably dropping it off at storage in the coming week or 2.

I'm just glad I have lots of hours of videos that I shot this summer that I can watch and I have some planning to do for a stereo upgrade for next season. Hopefully those 2 will get me thru the long winter...

It is a sad time indeed.. Boat went to storage Friday :/ But i'm proud of all the cleaning and waxing I did before putting it away-- it looked better than when new (this is looking aft on port side)

image.jpg

The pic had me puzzled for a minute as well. Nice work.

I'll let you swing by and polish on my boat if you want. You'd be able to feel that same since of pride again :)

Looks like my season is rapidly coming to a close. Hoping the weather cooperates next weekend to go camping on an island and if not I will be winterizing it. :(

@TonkaTuff @RightStuff Thanks guys!! We had terrible and i mean TERRIBLE water spots that built up over the season so I did a full vinegar bath (microfiber cloths and some vinegar from the grocery store) [I can still smell the vinegar on my hands] and then I washed it off with a light mix of dawn dish soap and water, dried with those microfiber cloths again, and then applied some Meguiars Premium Wax over the whole boat with a circular Westmarine brand microfiber applicator pad! It was quite the workout, but totally worth it!!

Today looks to be our last outing as well. Going to be cleaning next week then off to be winterized with a list of warranty work. After that we are boarding a much larger boat in Florida with Mickey Mouse. I don't think they will let us wakeboard behind the ship!

Our season will last a little while yet.
The question becomes will the water level go before the weather does?
Grabbed a couple hours on the lake today. Beautiful cruising weather, clear, crisp blue sky.
My son showcased his new "boating jacket", a gift from the grandparents.
Official cruising beer today - Lagunitas Maximus IPA, 8.2%, and tasty as hell!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 14
Back