• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally! 195s

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Finally picked up my 195s on Thursday. Naturally, since then it has rained, snowed and generally been awful weather so it's pretty much just been covered in the driveway. :-( I did manage to replace the bow roller during a break in the rain/snow. Also...
  • figured out where to store everything in the boat
  • got my tower speakers ready to install
  • ordered hardware for the folded tower height adjustment
I'll post pictures as I do some of the mods. Weather this weekend still looks bad so hoping for Memorial Day outing.
IMG_7418.jpegIMG_7420.jpegIMG_7422.jpeg

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"Congratulations. You will love it. Let the mods began.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking boat there @Mike Cardillo but I'm just a tad partial to that model. Sounds like we have a similiar issue for the tower height. Our boat storage garage building has a 10 foot door but we still have to lower the tower to take the boat in and out. Which means my wife usually lowers it just enough to clear the door before I latch it back up. What kind of hardware were you looking at so that we can leave it folded during storage?

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This is an idea for you. I disconnected the tower cables and have mine resting on a spare trailer guide (Plastic PVC) Works great.

Attachments

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for the pic. I already have the hardware so I will probably go ahead and extend the cables. I may make a rest like that as well.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
beautiful boat, congrats!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This is an idea for you. I disconnected the tower cables and have mine resting on a spare trailer guide (Plastic PVC) Works great.
Man if you disconnected the tower you might as well and go ahead and do the @haknslash mod. It takes about 10 minutes literally and you never have to rest it on anything ever again, and it costs under $15 for everything you need

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats. Can't wait to see what all you do to it. We love ours for sure. Great boat. Had 6 adults out last Sunday. Yall are gonna love it....
20200503_141827.jpg

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful and really classy boat! Congrats. I'm looking into it but having a hard time to justify the higher price vs. AR190. Not saying it's not worth it, I do believe it's a great value, just more money $$$. Again, beautiful boat and it has everything I want in one package.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful and really classy boat! Congrats. I'm looking into it but having a hard time to justify the higher price vs. AR190. Not saying it's not worth it, I do believe it's a great value, just more money $$$. Again, beautiful boat and it has everything I want in one package.
The supercharger alone is worth the money. If your thinking about it I highly suggest you test drive both. You'll buy the 195S for sure. 190 will lack power for sure

C.Lomeli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Mike Cardillo

Congrats on the new boat. Looking primarily at the 2020 195S myself. In fact, my research on the model is what brought me to this forum and thus... this thread. I'm also hoping I will be able to fit it into one of my garage spaces at home (have about an 82" clearance).

Question -- Did you purchase from Yamaha dealer? Did you have trouble finding availability? The nearest dealer showing inventory of 195S for me is 6.5hrs away. My local Yamaha dealer doesn't show, but I have yet to call.

If financed through Yamaha, I'd like to get some info on your experience please. What price you ended up at, what rate they offered, money down... etc. If you want to private message me, that's cool too. I appreciate your help and hope you're able to get out on the water ASAP. Best of Luck!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike Cardillo

Congrats on the new boat. Looking primarily at the 2020 195S myself. In fact, my research on the model is what brought me to this forum and thus... this thread. I'm also hoping I will be able to fit it into one of my garage spaces at home (have about an 82" clearance).

Question -- Did you purchase from Yamaha dealer? Did you have trouble finding availability? The nearest dealer showing inventory of 195S for me is 6.5hrs away. My local Yamaha dealer doesn't show, but I have yet to call.

If financed through Yamaha, I'd like to get some info on your experience please. What price you ended up at, what rate they offered, money down... etc. If you want to private message me, that's cool too. I appreciate your help and hope you're able to get out on the water ASAP. Best of Luck!
We got ours through a dealer 4 hours away. Hate my local dealer so didn't even try there. We ordered from factory through dealer back in August though. Out the door for us was $44k. We put $4800 down. Financed through synchrony at the time (now yamaha) without a problem at all. Rates are credit based so it depends on your fico score. There are 4 tiers to their financing. Tier 1 to best score. So on and so forth. We added mooring cover to price, and dealer threw in everything else needed safety wise.

C.Lomeli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We got ours through a dealer 4 hours away. Hate my local dealer so didn't even try there. We ordered from factory through dealer back in August though. Out the door for us was $44k. We put $4800 down. Financed through synchrony at the time (now yamaha) without a problem at all. Rates are credit based so it depends on your fico score. There are 4 tiers to their financing. Tier 1 to best score. So on and so forth. We added mooring cover to price, and dealer threw in everything else needed safety wise.
Thanks for the feedback!
Wow, is it that long of a wait for this particular model? 8 months!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback!
Wow, is it that long of a wait for this particular model? 8 months!
Nah we ordered in August when they released. We took delivery ends of September 2019.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Mike Cardillo

Yes, I purchased through a dealer - McMillan Marine. They were awesome. I actually signed for it at the Rochester Boat Show in early February and I'm pretty sure I got his last allotted 195s. He said he was hoping to get more this year but was not sure with the factory shutdown, etc. My pricing was as follows:

Suggested retail: $44,999 (boat + galvanized trailer)
Boatshow savings: $2,177
Rebates/Factory Discounts: $2,000

So that's an out the door price of $40,822. I also got a 3 Yamaha Extended Service (YES) warranty which was a boat show option instead of financing. If you financed at 1.9% you only got a 1 year YES warranty. I paid cash and did not finance. I also bought the better mooring cover and the wake surf package and he gave me another $300 or so off of those two items. He also included safety stuff but I think that is pretty typical.

Good luck - I hope you find one!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I also got a 3 Yamaha Extended Service (YES) warranty which was a boat show option instead of financing. If you financed at 1.9% you only got a 1 year YES warranty. I paid cash and did not finance.
That's interesting that you got a better deal (warranty-wise) when not financing. I would have thought that they would make more money on a financed boat. At least that's how it seems with cars. The dealer is more likely to throw in extra when you use their financing.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That's interesting that you got a better deal (warranty-wise) when not financing. I would have thought that they would make more money on a financed boat. At least that's how it seems with cars. The dealer is more likely to throw in extra when you use their financing.
I think it was due to the 1.9% rate they were offering at the show. It's kind of like when you buy a car and they offer either the special financing or $1000 off.

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat, great choice and a classy color! Please let us know fuel consumption. I read that the new AR195 and 195S has better numbers than the 2018 and earlier versions as well as better than AR192. Thanks. I’m deciding between 190 or 195.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking boat there @Mike Cardillo but I'm just a tad partial to that model. Sounds like we have a similiar issue for the tower height. Our boat storage garage building has a 10 foot door but we still have to lower the tower to take the boat in and out. Which means my wife usually lowers it just enough to clear the door before I latch it back up. What kind of hardware were you looking at so that we can leave it folded during storage?
I used the tutorial posted above to do mine but needed a bit more hardware. The exact spot I needed happened to be right where the coupler was when I added the extension. I ended up picking up additional flat washers both SS and a couple of extra rubber washers and added a couple extra nuts and smaller washers to shim the height I needed as they could be stacked to sit around the coupler to achieve the height I needed. Dont forget loctite.

Attachments