• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally bought a Yamaha jet boat

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone! We purchased two (new) FXHO waverunners in 2006. When we picked them up at the dealer, they had a nice shiny Yamaha boat on the showroom floor (no clue what model it was). Ever since then, we've wanted a jet boat. Circumstances haven't worked out until recently, and we finally pulled the trigger last week. We purchased a 2008 AR230 that is is really good shape.

We started looking about 6-8 weeks ago and I have poured over this site trying to gain buying info, things to watch out for, etc. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed as you've made it much easier on us newbies. I'll also say that the FAQ on this site is one of the best I've ever seen on a forum and have enabled me to learn a ton without posting a single question (yet).

I was glad to see that our new boat already had some of the base mods done like stainless steel scupper, engine compartment noise reduction, VSR setup on the batteries with onboard charger, Cobra fins, and EZ Lock on the cleanout plugs.

So far, I've added a closet rod to the closet for life jackets (inspired by https://jetboaters.net/threads/head-storage-modifications.1172/). I've ordered a new horn (per https://jetboaters.net/threads/pre-2016-horn-replacement-banish-the-duck.21549/) and a new bow light (the SeaSense per https://jetboaters.net/threads/replacing-yamaha-sx230-bow-light-with-seasense-stainless-led.2839/). I've also connected the YDS to pull hours info off the boat (~311 each engine).

All of this to say that I've been a bit busy reading and digesting all the info.

We took the boat out for the first ride(s) this past weekend. About 7 hours on Saturday (with plenty of stops to swim and eat) and another 2 hours on Sunday. There are several things that I have questions about after the rides, but I need to do more reading before posting. I just want to say thank you again to all of you for all your work to maintain this site and the quality of information.

Here's the pic to validate the post :)

PXL_20210924_225317029.MP.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the purchase!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome: great looking boat, Congrats

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You’re havin things Holmes!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Hi everyone! We purchased two (new) FXHO waverunners in 2006. When we picked them up at the dealer, they had a nice shiny Yamaha boat on the showroom floor (no clue what model it was). Ever since then, we've wanted a jet boat. Circumstances haven't worked out until recently, and we finally pulled the trigger last week. We purchased a 2008 AR230 that is is really good shape.

We started looking about 6-8 weeks ago and I have poured over this site trying to gain buying info, things to watch out for, etc. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed as you've made it much easier on us newbies. I'll also say that the FAQ on this site is one of the best I've ever seen on a forum and have enabled me to learn a ton without posting a single question (yet).

I was glad to see that our new boat already had some of the base mods done like stainless steel scupper, engine compartment noise reduction, VSR setup on the batteries with onboard charger, Cobra fins, and EZ Lock on the cleanout plugs.

So far, I've added a closet rod to the closet for life jackets (inspired by https://jetboaters.net/threads/head-storage-modifications.1172/). I've ordered a new horn (per https://jetboaters.net/threads/pre-2016-horn-replacement-banish-the-duck.21549/) and a new bow light (the SeaSense per https://jetboaters.net/threads/replacing-yamaha-sx230-bow-light-with-seasense-stainless-led.2839/). I've also connected the YDS to pull hours info off the boat (~311 each engine).

All of this to say that I've been a bit busy reading and digesting all the info.

We took the boat out for the first ride(s) this past weekend. About 7 hours on Saturday (with plenty of stops to swim and eat) and another 2 hours on Sunday. There are several things that I have questions about after the rides, but I need to do more reading before posting. I just want to say thank you again to all of you for all your work to maintain this site and the quality of information.

Here's the pic to validate the post :)

View attachment 164371
Great looking boat! Looks like she was treated with a lot of TLC !

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat! Looks like she was treated with a lot of TLC !
Yes, the prior owner was very meticulous about cleaning the boat. It's in very good shape considering the age.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome to the Jetboat world, and the forum. Looks like that nice looking hull needs a few dock marks...but those will come soon enough. Enjoy the "late season" boating.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like that nice looking hull needs a few dock marks...but those will come soon enough.
That picture was taken Friday before we hit the water for the weekend. We had our first dock mark on Saturday since I didn't have the fenders adjusted properly. Not a huge deal, we're used to that from our waverunners over the years.

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210227_173733.jpg
Welcome to the group. We also got ours 2007 AR230 on October 2020 and although it was in very good USED condition, we have been doing few upgrades to both the boat and the trailer. Thanks to all the active contributors to this site. This is our very first boat and love having it... blessed!

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice looking boat you have. It's interesting to see the original graphics still intact (prior owners removed the graphics on our boat).

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice looking boat you have. It's interesting to see the original graphics still intact (prior owners removed the graphics on our boat).
Thank you, yes those are the original graphics.
hull is not intact but from 10' to 15' away it does looks good.
I like the fact that the OE graphics does help to hide the few scratches boat came with and the handful I have since contributed.