• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally got out on the water!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...and I didn't even make it out of the no wake zone before suddenly the starboard engine was shuddering/cavitating/making a ruckus. So we 'pulled over' right outside the no wake zone out of the way. Reached to the cleanout ports and found a twig thingy. Pulled that out and prepared get going again. Shuddering and shaking again. Stopped again. This time, found a nice 1" piece of wood jammed in the impeller between the housing. In there tight. Worked on it for 45 min or so, but no dice. Finally limped back in, put it up on the trailer and wound up pulling the grating off to get to it. Turns out there were two at 1 o'clock and 6 o'clock. I got the 1 o'clock piece out using the hook from a bungee cord (after trying several implements). The 6 o'clock one I was able to break up some with a flat screwdriver. Still could not get that one out, so I started up the engine and gunned it. Broke it right up.

But then time was up for the day. So we came home. What a day boating. Er...

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The good thing about jet boats is if you can't remove the debris by hand through the clean out port, you can gun it until it finally comes out. The way the boat vibrates it does feel like damage is being done, but trust me, it won't hurt the engine one bit. As long as it is not a rope and only wood, gunning the engine will get it out. No need to ruin a good day of boating on a piece of wood getting stuck in the impeller. Believe me, been there, done that, with my first jet boat.