• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally happy with my SX192!!!!!!

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Finally happy with my 2014 SX192. Bought boat brand new in 2014, and have been disappointed sense day one on the water. The speed and RPM problem bothered me for 3 years, and couldn't take it anymore. Took boat back to dealer when new, called yamaha several times, started reading forums, made several calls asking what in the heck is wrong with this boat.
Well this last week I installed a SVHO intercooler, ribbon delete, removed stock air filter box, and added a K&N spark arester. Went out today 76 degrees outside, 7600 RPM, 50 MPH, I'm so happy I can't stand it. Finally I will enjoy the boat more. WFO Performance is a great place to get parts from. Thanks.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's great that you are finally happy with your boat. ...it is disheartening that it took 3 years to get there! Yamaha's Customer Relations is pretty much a joke! I have had CONNEXT problems with my 242 since the first month after I bought it. Calling customer relations and talking to them makes you think they give a damn, but they NEVER do anything and won't even have the courtesy to live up to their promise to call you back! Great boats, some really good dealers, but a customer relations that is worthless!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board and to hear you have your boat performing better.

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Captras, I agree 100% customer service is worthless. They wouldn't even listen, or call back after they lied and said "we will look into your problem, we never heard of this before". I would buy another Yamaha, you have to have a great dealer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear you are now happy with the boat performance! Yea it sucks we have to mod the boat and spend $$$ just to get it to run consistent but man, once you do you really get to enjoy the boat without worrying about performance going down. :thumbsup:

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What was the original problem?

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Their are many threads on the problem with the AR192/SX192 low rpm and speed issues. When boat is run for the first 10 minutes boat rpm will hit 7500 rpm, speed can hit 49 mph. After running for a while boat rpm will only hit 7000 rpm, and Max speed of 41 mph, do to engine heat soak. Engine is to warm do to a small Intercooler, so performance falls off big time.

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if the FSH has the same issue. Same engine.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What kind of water temps are you guys running in that you have heat soak issues? I never have experienced any performance issues, but I typically run in water under 80 degrees, with the once a season exception of Shelbyville, which is usually 88-90 in late July.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What kind of water temps are you guys running in that you have heat soak issues? I never have experienced any performance issues, but I typically run in water under 80 degrees, with the once a season exception of Shelbyville, which is usually 88-90 in late July.
Water temp is usually in the upper 80-90's range here this time of year and into August.

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Usually 75 degree water.

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm sure my next boat will have 2 engines.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMG_0936.JPG Went to Norris Lake in TN for a a few days and stayed with some family that has a beautiful house on the lake. I finally took my boat out with only myself and my buddy last evening.
My boat really does run a lot better without four of us in the boat. Was able to get 49mph @ around 7500 to 7600 RPM's. Water temp was 82-83 air temp was in the mid 70's. It's a different boat all together with a light load and the SVHO IC.... It's a real blast to scoot around while achieving full power and no heat soak issues....

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Matt J,

The only thing you did was install SVHO Intercooler? If so that's good results. Friday I had two adults, 3 teens, pulled them tubing for 3 hours, the boat went 49 mph after they were wore out, and in the boat. So much happier.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Matt J,

The only thing you did was install SVHO Intercooler? If so that's good results. Friday I had two adults, 3 teens, pulled them tubing for 3 hours, the boat went 49 mph after they were wore out, and in the boat. So much happier.
Yes.... Up until now I could only get something like 41-42 and a little over 7K with my wife and my 2 teenagers. They are older my daughter is 17 and my son is almost 16 and still growing.. I wish I could do 49 with my whole family aboard....

First Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
If you do the ribbon delete and air filter upgrade you most likely will. I'm not a pro, but if you have questions about doing these upgrades, I can explain what i did,send me a pm.