• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Finally made it to the lake

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out this weekend. Family had a good time and the boat ran great especially after the plug shear scare.ZOE_0065.jpg

Attachments

• ZOE_0060.jpg
    ZOE_0060.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ZOE_0054.jpg
    ZOE_0054.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 30
  • ZOE_0041.jpg
    ZOE_0041.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 29
  • ZOE_0069.jpg
    ZOE_0069.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 28
Looks like everyone had a great time! I really hope we make it to Laurel Lake this year!

Let us know if you make it this way. We try to be out there every weekend weather permitting.

We're making a trip to Laurel this season too. My wife has never been on the lake and I keep telling her how nice it is. What's the debris like on laurel normally? I'm thinking Cumberland is going to have a lot floating this season.

Unless coming off a big storm , the debris is minuscule. I occasionally will see a plastic bottle or bag. In the coves, a small log/big stick. We have and have seen boaters tie up and drag anything that seems to be of hazard off to the side. We tend to have a great community looking after our home waters. I hit a submerged tree years back with the prop of an i/o. But coming into the 8th season have not struck anything with the Yamaha and I have driven into a few shallow places I probably should have stayed out of. I have a friend that works at one of the local water plants. He says that Laurel is the second cleanest lake in Ky and the first does not allow power boats. Laurel is big enough to play on all day/weekend, never gets that crowded feeling but small enough that you never feel like you are lost or can't find your way around without a map. It is a hidden gem.

I know I am biased and I welcome any of you to come out and enjoy our waters. Just don't tell anybody else where they are ;);). lol

We keep our boat there as well and @Lawson2479 really summed it up well. A beautiful lake that we enjoy very much. Always clean and seldom crowded.

We even have the occasional fresh water jellyfish at Laurel, never seen these anywhere else.

image.jpg

Hello @Johmas50 , Now that the weather seems to have broken, we hope to see you out on the water soon.

We are in Florida at the moment on Captiva then this weekend is Derby. After that we should be out and about down there on the weekends. We had a baby 10 weeks ago, so life has changed a bit, I was able to confirm that my inverter will run a breast pump on the boat a couple of weeks ago, never thought I'd have to be saying that. :winkingthumbsup"

@Johmas50 Congratulations on the new edition. We started ours out to boating early. I remember having to ride around until they fell asleep and then we could stop and anchor. You can get a couple of sheets and attach them to the bimini with bimini clips for added shade and a 12v fan to keep him/her cool when not moving.

Back