• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally put boat in the water todah

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I finally was able to put the boat in the water for a hour or so today and run it some. The boat runs great and everything seems to work. It did seem like it had a lot of water in it when I pulled the plug on the trailer and I noticed water in the ski locker. The engine compartment smelled like hot brakes but nothing seemed hot. Is this normal or any ideas what it is? It's a 2012 challenger 210 with 80 hrs on it.
Thanks

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Kevin,
Saw your post on the other site. The smell could be just dust etc burning off. Next time out run the blower whenever the motors are running. A good engine compartment cleaning, blowing everything off and vacuum might help since it's been in storage. How much water was in the ski locker, did you wash etc before hand. It could have been trapped elsewhere and after running all gathered in the bilge. These boats never seem to be 100% dry, I've been chasing leaks since I got mine, I'm on our 3rd summer.

Another option when on the trailer, is to fill the bilge with water and check for leaks, just watch how much water you put in, don't fill to the motors / starters

Did you determine if your boat is a 310hp, or did you discover SuperChargers?

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Kevin,
Saw your post on the other site. The smell could be just dust etc burning off. Next time out run the blower whenever the motors are running. A good engine compartment cleaning, blowing everything off and vacuum might help since it's been in storage. How much water was in the ski locker, did you wash etc before hand. It could have been trapped elsewhere and after running all gathered in the bilge. These boats never seem to be 100% dry, I've been chasing leaks since I got mine, I'm on our 3rd summer.

Another option when on the trailer, is to fill the bilge with water and check for leaks, just watch how much water you put in, don't fill to the motors / starters

Did you determine if your boat is a 310hp, or did you discover SuperChargers?
I washed out the inside of the boat and bilge area plus I wanted to check bilge pump. I never did get it to come on by itself but it's probably gummed up and I just have to find it and clean it but it does work turning it on.
I don't think it's supercharged but I'm not positive yet, I did notice on one side the se was a option with or without when looking up parts. It is a rocket out of the hole a lot more then I expected. There is a learning curve in these and I'm glad it has dock mode on it since getting it off the trailer I spun it around on the trailer faster then I realized what was going on. Nothing I can't get with a little practice.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The bilge pump is a pita to get to, it's in between the motors in the back. you can place a board across the engine compartment to lay on for better access. The pump should have an auto switch (mine does), and can be turn on manually via the helm switch. It does take a surprising amount of water for the auto switch to kick on.

If your seeing a top speed ~55, your supercharged, I think the 310hp tops out around 45. Post a couple of pic of the motors.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks, I plan on working on it sat morning so I will try to get a couple pics.