• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally saw a NEW movie in the theater.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Last night, we saw Unhinged and it was everything I had been waiting for. Great to be back in a theater and this movie will absolutely have you on the edge of your seat. My wife’s Apple Watch had he pulse at 110+ pretty much from the get go and all the way to the end! I love Russell Crowe and Gladiator is one of the all-time greats.

Spent all day today in Lake of the Ozarks. We were there in June too. Wild how it’s as if COVID doesn’t exist down there. Nobody wears a mask, did see one and after getting so used to always wearing one here, it was almost surreal. Yet back here, no in-person school and fear is the norm. I hate that my three kids will be home all the time for “virtual school”.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I‘m waiting patiently for Top Gun 2 (Maverick) which got pushed to December. The original (cheesy) Top Gun is one of my all-time favorite movies and I’m gonna see the new one at least twice opening weekend. :)

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I‘m waiting patiently for Top Gun 2 (Maverick) which got pushed to December. The original (cheesy) Top Gun is one of my all-time favorite movies and I’m gonna see the new one at least twice opening weekend. :)
Me too Dan! That is also one of my all-time favorite. I can’t wait for that one as well. With all the modern production and cinema technology, that should be awesome!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The trailer looks great, can’t wait!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saw venom 2, let there be carnage in a theater. The movie was ok, only 90 minutes long but what I was most impressed by was that the theater was full. This is the first time I’ve been in a full theater since February 2020. It was opening weekend for this movie but I’ve watched other films on opening weekend in the last few months (e.g. black widow, Shang chi. Fast and furious 9) and in all cases there were less than 10 seats sold including to my wife and myself. our local theater has 25 screens and employs a lot of high school students so I’m glad to see people are starting to go to the movies again as it seemed for a while that this industry wouldn’t recover Since many have become accustomed to watching new movies at home.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just saw venom 2, let there be carnage in a theater. The movie was ok, only 90 minutes long but what I was most impressed by was that the theater was full. This is the first I’ve ive been in a full theater since February 2020. It was opening weekend for this movie but I’ve watched other films on opening weekend in the last few months (e.g. black widow, Shang chi. Fast and furious 9) and in all cases there were less than 10 seats sold including my wife and myself. ourlocal theater has 25 screens and employs a lot of high school students so I’m glad to see people are starting to go to the movies again as it seemed for a while that this industry wouldn’t recover Since many have become accustomed to watching new movies at home.
I liked the first Venom movie.. Wasn’t going to go see it but a friend of mine suggested I go and see it, Im glad I did.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I liked the first Venom movie.. Wasn’t going to go see it but a friend of mine suggested I go and see it, Im glad I did.
Same, we have plans to see 2 next week. I heard the post credit scene is an absolute must stay for though.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ah yes, the famous nugget at the end!

I haven’t been to see a movie in a theater in two years.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
think the last movie theater show for me was skyfall.....2015
may change that and go see no time to die

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
think the last movie theater show for me was skyfall.....2015
may change that and go see no time to die
I plan to see no time to die this weekend. Be forewarned, the movie is 2 hours and 47 minutes long.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
whoa....that's a long time without a pause or rewind button

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I haven't been to a movie since about a year before covid. Was really looking forward to Top Gun 2, bummer it got pushed AGAIN.

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just saw venom 2, let there be carnage in a theater. The movie was ok, only 90 minutes long but what I was most impressed by was that the theater was full. This is the first time I’ve been in a full theater since February 2020. It was opening weekend for this movie but I’ve watched other films on opening weekend in the last few months (e.g. black widow, Shang chi. Fast and furious 9) and in all cases there were less than 10 seats sold including to my wife and myself. our local theater has 25 screens and employs a lot of high school students so I’m glad to see people are starting to go to the movies again as it seemed for a while that this industry wouldn’t recover Since many have become accustomed to watching new movies at home.
My sons works at our local theater and he said Saturday was the busiest he has ever seen it, he has only worked there for five months but still a good sign.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's great to hear that theaters are getting the attention they deserve.

LOL - I just learned that our local movie theater is showing the Rocky Horror Picture show for the Halloween Season. 🤣

Surely, they won't get the audience participation in today's society. Will general audiences even understand it today?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't been in a movie theater since the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Can't stand being annoyed by crowds. Shit my wife annoys me at home when i watch stuff.
Rather wait and watch on my couch where i can pause And rewind when my wife talks. Lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Haven't been in a movie theater since the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Can't stand being annoyed by crowds. Shit my wife annoys me at home when i watch stuff.
Rather wait and watch on my couch where i can pause And rewind when my wife talks. Lol
I get annoyed by other very easily but never seem to have an issue at theaters.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan to see no time to die this weekend. Be forewarned, the movie is 2 hours and 47 minutes long.
I've been waiting for this one. Might brave the public and crowd to go watch.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100% agree on this as well.

Have a big 4k TV and a monster stereo for a reason. I don't usually miss the excitement of the theater. Only a few occasions has the theater been better than at home.

With that said. I LOVE our IMAX theater at the science center. It's, IMO, a true IMAX venue. Not these smaller, less involved over-crowded places the local theaters put up. The science center has a nearly vertical stadium seating setup, your feet are the the shoulders of the row in front of you, and you are VERY close to the screen. The experience is just, well, better in almost all regards. The video is always stunning (usually a documentary, so it's live filmed stuff without any CGI overlay), and it fills enough of your peripheral that you get SUPER immersed into the film. Without sounding too much like a snob, I think the clientele is significantly different as well since it's at the science center and not the retail theater.