• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally!!!

Paulie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I finally finished installing my Lectrotabs that I purchased almost a year ago! I just kept procrastinating the act of drilling so many holes below the waterline, lol! We tested them out last weekend and WOW, what a difference. When we started out the water was smooth as glass and I was a little bummed that I was not going to get a good representation of their abilities, but halfway to our destination the wind kicked up and almost immediately we were in 2' - 3' whitecaps! I trimmed the bow down and we sliced right through it all. Amazing. Normally, I would have turned back and headed home in those conditions, but we were able to reach our destination easily and enjoy a pleasant lunch out. (Our first since the covid19 shutdown so I was really looking forward to it). So, a big thanks to all that have posted the many excellent tips, tricks and suggestions for trim tab purchase and installation. And a shoutout to Russ and his team at Lectrotab for producing an awesome upgrade to our boats. They really do make my boat handle like a completely different boat! Super impressed!

Attachments

Last edited:

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Willing to share materials cost on this upgrade?

Paulie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Willing to share materials cost on this upgrade?
The kit from Lectrotab which includes the tabs, actuators, and controller was $715. I figure that I have between $250/$300 in additional supplies for the install. Wiring, fuse panel, switch panel, hardware, etc.