• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Find a ride???

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys, is there a "find a ride" thread or section somewhere? I tried directing some potential new owners here while at the boat show and still find most people don't have any real world experience with jet boats even if they have been interested in researching on the internet.

PS - This forum keeps getting better all the time. My hats off to you. I do love my new boat for what it does best, but the forum is kinda lame over there!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great point @007 I do think that new members could search the user map and and contact members in their area. But it might be a bit intimidating asking for a ride.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great point @007 I do think that new members could search the user map and and contact members in their area. But it might be a bit intimidating asking for a ride.
I think if we had a section like that, members that were willing could post their name and location to let new members know they were willing to give a ride.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know I asked @Julian for a ride last year when I was still trying to figure out what I wanted, and he generously offered to take me along one day. I never did, but appreciated it nonetheless. Hell, the only reason I'm hooked on jet boats anyway is from riding along with @DieselCamel . I think it's a great idea.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is to be geared toward people who are interested in buying but want to go for a test ride first?

aside from dealerships having this built into their sales model, I would be totally open to ride alongs once it's not freezing cold. Always looking to make more friends!

Edit: if the user map had a check box that said "is friendly, will let you join a day of fun on the lake, just don't kill me or my family" I would totally check it.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be happy to give anyone a ride, Yamborgini came by one day and we went out for a couple hours, had breakfast at Bayou Joe's and had a good time.
Giving someone a ride just means that I get to go boating and meet someone,
I like doing both of those so I'd be all about it!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am happy to offer rides around Hot Springs, AR.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would be happy to give