• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finger Lakes

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody do much boating up in the Finger Lakes? I will be attending a wedding there this summer, and thought it might be a nice opportunity to make a vacation out of it and drag the boat along. Not sure where exactly the festivities will be yet, but if I have some solid lake recommendations I might be willing to pick an AirBNB that's a little bit out of the way.

Thanks!

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We trailer up to Lake George NY from NJ just about every summer and love it, it’s not to bad of a tow, definitely worth it. Would be nice to see some pictures and recommendations for the finger lakes if anyone has some, we are always looking for new spots to go.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I boat in the finger lake all summer. Awesome lakes.. My favorite is Keuka Lake and Seneca Lake.
Seneca lake has a large beach area on the North end that you can throw anchor and hang out in a couple few feet of water. Keuka has great restaurants all over the lake and a fun town at the south end.
Canandaigua is beautiful, but is by far the most crowded.

Let me know if you have any questions. My closest finger lake is Conesus, one of the smaller ones. I've boated several times on Conesus, Honeoye, Canandaigua, Seneca, and Cayuga. I haven't yet been to the couple that are the most east in the group

What lake are you visiting? I have hundreds of pictures of the lakes, even pictures of most (if not all) of the municipal launches on each lake

Cool waterfall, that's a short hike in a state park on Cayuga Lake
IMG_20170527_152725222.jpg

Keuka Lake at dusk
IMG_20160709_205013843.jpg

North end of Seneca Lake where it's shallow
IMG_20160716_181445404.jpg

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We camped last fall at Cayuga Lake Taughannock Falls State Park and had a blast!! The picture posted above by Joe is Taughannock Falls. It's a great campground, typical NYS facility with showers and flush toilets. This campground also has a small marina that you can keep your boat in. It's on the south end of the lake near Ithaca (Cornell University) so there are restaurants and stuff nearby if you get tired of camp cooking. Caution: there is a pedestrian bridge at the entrance of the marina so boat height is limited. I had already removed my tower for winter storage so it wasn't a big deal.

Cayuga Lake is part of the Cayuga-Seneca wine trail. There are dozens of wineries and several have public docks on the lake so you can boat up, have some tastings, and head up to the next one. Some have breweries as well. If you feel adventurous and want to spend a long day on the water, you can go through the Seneca canal to Seneca lake or the Erie canal.

There are lots of marinas and hotels around the lake so if camping isn't your thing there are other options.

The finger lakes are deep too. Cayuga is over 400' and nearby Seneca is 600'. Like all big lakes, it can get rough so be prepared.

Thirsty Owl Winery

Thirsy Owl Winery 09-2017.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips and pics! Just found out the wedding will be at a winery on Seneca lake, so we're househunting that way. Probably going to be on the West side up towards Geneva, maybe 5 miles south or so.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hope you enjoy the Finger Lakes..We rent a house on Keuka every summer..its our Favorite Lake IMG_3931.JPG