• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fire extinguisher in the FSH210

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wanted to mount my fire extinguisher somewhere, but don't want to trial and error the best location. Where do you all stow/mount yours?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Dealer mounted mine in battery compartment. Seems fine to me, most likely fire location would be next door in the engine compartment. I wonder what might happen if a battery catches fire though, maybe a second mounted in the changing room would be a good idea.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've always preferred mine to be out in the open. I have mine mounted on the gunel wall just above the rear floor drain on the starboard side. Out of the way yet easily accessible. I'll see if I have a pic

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Compartment in front of bait well has a 4lb ABC in it. Battery compartment has the 5lb Halotron in it. That way there is one on both sides. I can use the ABC on another boat if needed and not spend $200 helping some one out unless I had to. The Halotron is what is recommended so no caustic dust covering everything when used, also made to discharge in the engine compartment extinguishing Port. 5 ga; pail works also and can double as a bilge pump. In the compartment in front of the bait well that extinguisher is not mounted it is cradled in a extra lifejacket and a few towels.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the great ideas!

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure the boat comes with stickers next to the two recommended locations. One in the console/changing room and one in the battery compartment.