• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Boat - First Outing - Upper Chesapeake

Barracuda67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Greetings All!

My wife and I have been casually looking for our first boat on and off for two years. Decided this spring was finally the time to pull the trigger. After attending just about every local boat show, I kept coming back to the Yamahas. After reading a bunch of threads here (thank you!), I started looking at some of my used Yamaha options.

Not long after, @arew~SX230 posted his immaculate 2007 SX230 for sale about 20 minutes from me (Newark, DE). Long story short, took it for a sea trial and it was ours. Engines ended up having only 87 hours!

The wife and I took it out for our first outing this evening and it was perfect! Took a cruise down the Elk River and anchored up in the Bohemia for a quick dinner on the boat at sunset. Just before pulling up anchor, turned around and realized a Bald Eagle was watching us from shore the whole time. I high-tailed it back to the marina before dark and docked it without issue, including a 180* turn in tight quarters - thanks for the tips Andrew! Learned a lot, but have a lot more to learn.

Can't wait to get her back out to explore all of the Upper Chesapeake. Hoping tomorrow and every day after goes as perfect as today.

Cheers,
Kevin

20190517_191048.jpg20190517_191718.jpg

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife and I took it out for our first outing this evening and it was perfect! Took a cruise down the Elk River and anchored up in the Bohemia for a quick dinner on the boat at sunset
That's my stomping grounds, too. I grew up on the Bohemia at Long Point. I have friends and family that live along the Elk, both shorelines. Still have my old '57 Alumnacraft Deep C that I took up every inch of every creek that opened up on the Bohemia. Maybe we'll see you out there some time.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
2CD1B918-385F-40D0-98EB-1D90E26318F5.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congratulations on your boat.

Travis elk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congratulations on your boat.
I have a house. On the tip of the Bohemia and an ar 240 blue on a lift stop bye sometime Directly across from the tent you were at

Barracuda67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What marina do you put in at?
Triton High and Dry at the tip of the Elk. We were down on the Bohemia again on Saturday morning - it was just as perfect. I'll keep an eye out for you next time we're out.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a house. On the tip of the Bohemia and an ar 240 blue on a lift stop bye sometime Directly across from the tent you were at
So you're in Hacks Point?

Travis elk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a home on town point rd at the very tip of the Bohemia next to the giant Dawson builders cedar siding home . There is an osprey nest just off my dock with baby’s.