• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Boat - Yamaha 2021 255XD Finally Arrives!

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Good Evening JetBoaters!

After a long time waiting, my 2021 255XD finally arrived! I am in the Richmond, VA area; however, I purchased the boat from Lynnhaven Marine in Virginia Beach, Virginia and the boat will be stored in their Boatel.

This is my first boat - which also means I am new to the waterways. Any other members out there in the area or that launch from Lynnhaven? Would love to learn more about the area, cool places to go, best places for gas, to eat, sandbars, etc.

I did the Sea Trial and took delivery last Thursday. Everything tested out great, except I did end up with the dreaded Check Engine/Stop Steering warning that others on here have faced. Interestingly enough - the boat performed seemingly flawlessly - only thing that didn't work was the Paddle Shifters which seems to make sense based on other posts I've read about this issue. At the end of the trial the techs worked with Yamaha and I have been told this is now resolved. Unfortunately that remains to be seen, as I haven't been able to get back out due to the lovely weather sitting on the coast right now. :mad: Although I did order this boat on the first day orders could be placed, so a few extra days won't hurt at this point... right??

Will likely want to learn the boat before looking into a ton of mods; however, it would be nice to have some local knowledge of things like the anchor drain issues and other general questions or things to be on the lookout for.IMG_7229.jpg725C19AC-5820-4F70-9B16-7EC61C25B037.jpeg80380382-716C-4E8F-99CB-C11B79B6AE84.jpeg

Last edited:

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congratulations. I hope the issues are done and you can enjoy the boat
Agreed! We shall see. I know quite a few other members on here have had some issues with the new 2021s and 25 footers. I’m going to remain optimistic for now though! I just need this storm to move out so I can get her back in the water. 😊

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Do you get to keep all of the pool noodles - LOL!! Welcome to the forum!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat @David.Parrish I saw you on the water on your test drive! We were in a Black and Red 242X E Series, not sure if you’ve seen us out. The blue version of your boat is stored on a lift right around the corner from the boatel. Yours and his I think are the only 255XD’s in the Va Beach area.

Here’s a few pics taken today, I hope your not paying for inside storage as its been outside on a rack since you drove it last. It’s up safe and high outside.

Attachments

Last edited:

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Beautiful boat @David.Parrish I saw you on the water on your test drive! We were in a Black and Red 242X E Series, not sure if you’ve seen us out. The blue version of your boat is stored on a lift right around the corner from the boatel. Yours and his I think are the only 255XD’s in the Va Beach area.

Here’s a few pics taken today, I hope your not paying for inside storage as its been outside on a rack since you drove it last. It’s up safe and high outside.
Hey @NewBoater, thanks for saying hey and thank you for the heads up… I’m definitely paying for indoor storage! Especially since I am still waiting on my cover! I bet that means it was out in the storms…. 😤. Will be calling Max in the AM!

That’s awesome that you saw me out - I’ll be honest - I definitely had tunnel vision - overwhelmed to say the least!

Are you local? I assume so based on the pics. Would love to learn the waterways - and mostly how I actually get premium gas since I’m at the boatel and I don’t think they have anything but 89?

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There’s a gas station 3 min away by water that sells premium at Porch Restaurant and Marina dock right out front! They also have ethanol free options now as of this year. But that’s $4 a gallon for even regular. But it’s supposed to be better for boats. Yep, I’m local and hope to see you out on the water again! It was definitely out in the storms. Looks like your Drain plug is in also. I would have them pull the drain plug let all of that water out and also turn on the batteries and turn the key on and turn on the bilge because you probably have some good water buildup in your engine bay. Hopefully not but better to be safe than sorry!

Last edited:

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There’s a gas station 3 min away by water that sells premium at Porch Restaurant and Marina dock right out front! They also have ethanol free options now as of this year. But that’s $4 a gallon for even regular. But it’s supposed to be better for boats. Yep, I’m local and hope to see you out on the water again! It was definitely out in the storms. Looks like your Drain plug is in also. I would have them pull the drain plug let all of that water out and also turn on the batteries and turn the key on and turn on the bilge because you probably have some good water buildup in your engine bay. Hopefully not but better to be safe than sorry!
Great! Thanks again for the heads up on the fuel and the pics! Like I said - first boat and new to boating - so I've got a lot to learn. Will definitely give them a call in the AM and have them check the boat. You will definitely see me out there as much as I'm able. I'll be out several days this week with the heat for sure!

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How many hours does it take you to come down? Do you stay for days or just do day trips back and forth?

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How many hours does it take you to come down? Do you stay for days or just do day trips back and forth?
I usually come down early in the morning. So less than 2 hours - assuming 64/the tunnel isn't a disaster. And I usually stay in town for a couple of days unless I have client meetings or a need to go back and forth.

Any other good coves/sandbars/cool places to check out that are relatively close? Still breaking her in and "learning the ropes" (Ha!), so I figure adventuring during the week is probably the right choice for now.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The narrows beach (seashore state park) like your headed fo Cavalier golf and yacht club it’s on the left. It’s the happening place on the weekends. Tons of boats there. You can beach it but there’s always the chance for slight scratches. I normally beach mine it’s pretty soft sand. You will see myself and the new blue boat like yours on the weekends there for sure. I’ve already seen him there about 2-3 times. They wakesurf and wakeboard like us almost every weekend out in the main bay. Probably where most of your text drive was out in the bay with the houses on both sides.

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice! Is the owner of the Blue 255XD also a member on here, or do you know? Yes, we stayed in Broad Bay for the test drive. Looking forward to exploring, so I will have to check that out. I know our boats have GPS, but I think I'm going to invest in a chart plotter, or at least Navionics on my phone, until I learn all the waterways and how/where to navigate.