• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First fishing of 2017

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are a blessed man to be able to fish this time of year and to be able to fish with your girlfriend. It's great to see you catching fish as well. We have gobs of flounder here in Maryland but have to work hard to catch any Cobia. Last year though many people caught some large Cobia right off shore from Ocean City Maryland but that is a bit of a rarity.

Thanks for sharing.!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Girlfriend and I went out yesterday morning to do some light bottom/reef fishing. Saw a ton of boats kite fishing and trolling for sailfish but we decided just to take it easy and drift. Caught a bunch of fish but most were throw-backs. A few Jacks, Triggerfish, Porgies, Etc.

Only keepers of the day were a flounder (didn't even know they were in FL and 1st I've ever caught in FL) and 1 Cobia for the grill!

View attachment 50207
You guys are eating well!

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Be careful with cobia they have to be 33 inches from the nose to the inside of the tail fork, I had one that was 34 inches but I missed the part about the tail fork so it ended up being short by several inches , could have been a 500 dollar fine. Very embarrassing.