• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First flush

Lou pizarro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ready for my first flush on my 2016 242 Limited S E series. I was wondering, boat is on a lift, will the water coming out drain out the side or the back? I was thinking of flushing with fresh water for 4 minuted then Salt Terminator for 4 minutes. Thoughts?

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lou: I am assuming you are in salt water ?

I do 3-5 minutes and mix in between to make sure its all been flushed.....

Fill in your location....

You will see water coming out of the back...when flushing

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are two ports on the starboard side that will stream water when you are flushing. One is for port engine and the other is stbd. Water will come out of the nozzles but you cant see it from the cockpit. I use salt terminator also and like it. Make sure to start engine before turning on the water and shut water for 30 sec. before shutting engine down.
flush.png

Lou pizarro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Chess. I saw a post somewhere where they said there would be a little smoke sometimes. Does this sound right? Engine only has 10 hours on it.

Lou pizarro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Coheeba. I read that most solution tanks are junk. A guy at the dealer said use a sump pump in a 5 gallon bucket. 20 ounces Salt Terminator with 5 gallons water. Thoughts?

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Chess. I saw a post somewhere where they said there would be a little smoke sometimes. Does this sound right? Engine only has 10 hours on it.
Yes... and dont worry about it :) You will be fine..

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Flush with fresh water for about 5 minutes. Why waste the expensive salt-away product, because if you keep running water through, you are washing the product out, once the little dispenser cup goes clear. You don't need a sump pump, the dispense cup works fine. So, flush the hell out of it with fresh water. Then, for the final 2 minutes switch to the salt away product, and run it briefly. This way, the product is left behind to do its work, which is actually providing a protective coating which builds up over time. Makes sense, does it not? I have been doing this for over ten years with my 2 Yamahas and they are not worse for the wear, so it must work. Plus, I had a chemist cousin who worked for Dupont "keeping the world safe for democracy" if you know what I mean, who actually did some research on this about it leaving a protective coating behind, with continual use. But if you simply flush until the cup runs clear, and keep flushing, you are defeating the purpose of the salt away product.

What you will see coming out of the back is bubbly water, like soapy water after you have washed the dishes.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just hook up the little mixer to a hose and flush. I have my boat at a marina and they flush it with just water and clean it when I return. I usually go over the next week and flush it myself with Salt Terminator, just because I am anal.:)

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does that guy work for Salt Terminator. Use 20 oz. you'd better get Salt Terminator on a weekly buy at Amazon. :jawdrop: