• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First jet boat! 2020 195s

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello guys just picked up my first jet boat. Picked up a 2020 195s. I live in Jacksonville Florida! Just wondering what the first things you guys do to your boats? Currently just bought a thrust vector wake! Thank you for any comments!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

The absolute first thing you buy should be a Stoltz bow roller (search this site for the correct part # )
It will prevent your beautiful new boat from getting scuffed up (badly) by the stock hard plastic roller.

Besides that everything else is whatever you prefer. If you spend any amount of time on this forum we’ll help you spend all sorts of money modding your boat :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

The absolute first thing you buy should be a Stoltz bow roller (search this site for the correct part #).
It will prevent your beautiful new boat from getting scuffed up (badly) by the stock hard plastic roller.

Besides that everything else is whatever you prefer. If you spend any amount of time on this forum we’ll help you spend all sorts of money modding your boat :)
Thank you!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I vote Stoltz roller, possibly new tires if you trailer lots (like we do 6-7,000 miles a year) so we upgraded to radial Goodyear Endurance. As for the boat not sure what maps look like on a 7” connext but if that’s not to good maybe a chartplotter .

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
First thing I did was put some pics on jetboaters.net....

That‘s a hint.

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat! Tower speakers and a sub are a must.

Talk to me when you're in the market toys or gear. I'll hook you up with some discount codes. We have access to way more than what's on our site.

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super nice. Are they easy to access to change?
Not too bad, but then I'm 5'7" and 170#. lol
You have to lay down IN the starboard rear seat to get at them from the inside. It helps to have someone on the outside to help hold them still while you tighten them down. You'll also need a rasp or something similar to ream the hole out a bit for the 1/2" bypass outlets. If you get on to Rob's Yamaha Jetboat DIY on youtube, he has a video on it. I took the idea from him.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations! First upgrade I made was the lateral thrusters from JetboatPilot, made docking so much smoother for this rookie.

Post pictures!! :)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome:

Lots of great info here with nice, knowledgeable people to help keep you on the water.

You first mod should be to improve steering at low speeds (which you did). 👍
2nd, 3rd, 4th should be ribbon delete, larger intercooler, upgrade sound with amps and better speakers, add additional speakers in cockpit/helm area, dual batteries, lights, etc (not necessarily in that order). Check out member's sigs for more mods they have done. Have fun and good luck!

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for the replies!