• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First round of upgrades complete

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thrust Vectors installed, Diablo drain plug LED, trailer guides, Stoltz Ultimate 4" bow roller, and Yamaha boat cover

Will test it all this weekend when I put in back in the water tomorrow. I pulled it out last week to clean and wax which was a lot of work. Things will be easier when I get my boat lift and I can just lift it out of the water.

Thanks to @Julian for the recommendation on the cover and the Stoltz roller. Now I can keep the boat covered while sitting in the water and be able to tie it to the dock. The cleat access makes it extremely easy to keep it covered and properly tied to the dock at the same time. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
what brand of trailer guides did you get?

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks! I'll check...I usually view the forum on my phone, and signatures are not displayed.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was thinking about purchasing the diablo light and didn't know if I needed the adaptor and the remote. Can you shed some light on the install and what I would need besides light? I have a 212x as well. Thanks in advance

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was thinking about purchasing the diablo light and didn't know if I needed the adaptor and the remote. Can you shed some light on the install and what I would need besides light? I have a 212x as well. Thanks in advance
You will need this adapter to use any of the plug style LEDs for the '17 212x as it has the wide threaded drain plug. There is another adapter on the site that says it's for Yamahas but I think it may be for older models. There are only two on the site so visually verify before u commit.
https://www.boatpluglight.com/collections/accessories/products/drain-plug-adapter-for-plastic-drains

I would also recommend the remote as it works great and highly simplifies any switch wiring.

If I were to do it again I would go with something with more lumens and a built in drain plug in the LED housing.

The diablo is bright but something brighter would be better.

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great. Thanks for the advice. I have a 2013 so I'll check out the housing.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You will need this adapter to use any of the plug style LEDs for the '17 212x as it has the wide threaded drain plug. There is another adapter on the site that says it's for Yamahas but I think it may be for older models. There are only two on the site so visually verify before u commit.
https://www.boatpluglight.com/collections/accessories/products/drain-plug-adapter-for-plastic-drains

I would also recommend the remote as it works great and highly simplifies any switch wiring.

If I were to do it again I would go with something with more lumens and a built in drain plug in the LED housing.

The diablo is bright but something brighter would be better.
I have been wanting to get some of the diablo lights for mine and, like you, want something with two led's at 45 degree angle and then a drain plug in the center. I am just worried about clearance with the articulating keel. Any ideas if something bigger will clear?

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know that the single boatplug led w/ the thread adapter just fit and didn't interfere with the articulating keel. Anything larger like the dual 45 will probably NOT work. This is just speculation though since I don't have the dual adapter nor the boat anymore for that matter :)

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know that the single boatplug led w/ the thread adapter just fit and didn't interfere with the articulating keel. Anything larger like the dual 45 will probably NOT work. This is just speculation though since I don't have the dual adapter nor the boat anymore for that matter :)
Don't have the boat??? Well, that's sad! :(

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya jumped ship to a Malibu Wakesetter :)... But I still stay active on this forum to share my knowledge. Let me know how it works out.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length