• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First start of season ; concerned with water cooling

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Bought the boat last year and it gave me no problems last season. This is my first start of a new season. Boat was winterized at the marina. Before I put it in the water I wanted to flush it out while on the trailer. Followed the procedures for flushing, but there is no water coming out of the jet or the pissers. I ran it for about 2 mins and got nervous. Do I need to run it longer? Any other ideas or what to look for. Thanks.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did the marina summarizing the boat or are you handling that? Do you have to change the plugs?

others will chime in about the pisser, but I do know that you should never run the hose while the engines are off, seems so easy to do and according to the manual causes a huge problem.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Procedure is engine on then water on to begin flush. Water off then engine off when you're done flushing.

You should have water coming out of the exhaust and jet areas after you start the engines and turn on the water. The pissers take about 20 seconds on my boat to have water make its way out if I'm flushing on the hose. You might want to try some weed eater line and run it up in the pissers. You might have a dirt dobber nest or some junk blocking the pissers. The marina might have even plugged those for you if they stored the boat. I would check there for blockages but that doesn't explain why there's no water coming out of the water box and jet. You're positive you turned the hose on?

Last edited:

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Did the marina summarizing the boat or are you handling that? Do you have to change the plugs?

others will chime in about the pisser, but I do know that you should never run the hose while the engines are off, seems so easy to do and according to the manual causes a huge problem.

Sorry for being ignorant...what does it mean by the marina summarizing the boat. Change what plugs? Thanks

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So you are saying no water out of the pee holes and no water coming out of the back of the jets? Are you 100% sure the water was on and there was no kink? Not being funny, but asking.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
You should have water coming out of the exhaust and jet areas pretty much right after you start the engines and begin to turn on the water. The pissers take a few more seconds to have water make its way out. Get some weed eater line and run it up in the pissers. You might have a dirt dobber nest or some junk blocking the pissers. The marina might have even plugged those for you if they stored the boat. I would check there for blockages but that doesn't explain why there's no water coming out of the water box and jet. You are sure you turned the hose on?

I believe I have decent pressure. There was not much water coming out of the jet. Again, only ran it for no more than 2 mins. Tried it twice with about 10min in between.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Water should flow out of the jet area in a matter of seconds after turning the water on.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So you are saying no water out of the pee holes and no water coming out of the back of the jets? Are you 100% sure the water was on and there was no kink? Not being funny, but asking.
Thinking the same way. was wondering if the connector was fitted right. disconnected it and there was plenty of water.? I just don't want to screw it up.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thinking the same way. was wondering if the connector was fitted right. disconnected it and there was plenty of water.? I just don't want to screw it up.
If you didn't put the fitting in right, you would know, because it won't stay in. But you are saying there was plenty of water pressure, correct? If you did not have the water hose hooked to the boat and sprayed it, say across your yard, it would shoot out?

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
If you didn't put the fitting in right, you would know, because it won't stay in. But you are saying there was plenty of water pressure, correct? If you did not have the water hose hooked to the boat and sprayed it, say across your yard, it would shoot out?
Yeah. it shot across the yard...good stream

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To give you reference on my boat go to the 10:25 mark in this video when I put mine on the hose after the intercooler swap. From the time I turn on water to the time it comes out the pisser it's around 18-20 seconds with strong water pressure.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks. Wonder what they could have done when it was winterized?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea look inside your port side rear storage compartment. There is a red hose that connects to the flush port fitting. Make sure it's connected and follow it back to the engine.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Any water show up in your bilge? Like a hose was loose or something?
Dark out there now. I will have to check. Didn't seem like water was going through..couldn't hear it..etc.?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry for not being clearer I know when my marina winterizes the boat, I then bring it back before the start of the next season for them to change the spark plugs in the motor and they might be a few other things. I think the fogging oil dirties the spark plugs, or you at least have to clean the plugs.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
thanks. now i know what that means.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dark out there now. I will have to check. Didn't seem like water was going through..couldn't hear it..etc.?
So you don't believe there is any water in the bilge.....And you're saying the engine was on and you had good water pressure, but still nothing coming out....I'm kinda at a loss.