• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time boat owner!!

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
7C123942-A2E3-4BFE-87D9-4EF82523DABB.jpeg After a lot of research we pulled the trigger on a Yamaha jet. This forum has been an amazing resource and certainly helped with the boat buying process. There’s so much good information on here!

We live in a lake access community @ Lake Norman. We have 2 boys, 7 and 11, and they love the lake. We’ve been using a family members tritoon for most of the summer but we are ready to get into surfing and wake boarding. I ended up buying a 17 242x with 36 hours. It was a lot less than new and still under warranty so we pulled the trigger. We’ve got a couple more weeks to use it but I’m already looking forward to spring.

Anywho, thanks again for all of the wisdom on this forum! Here is a pic of the gem.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Love it! Welcome!!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How about Bimini 2019?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome: @mike holdenrid! Great looking boat! I've always driven the highway right through Lake Norman, looks awesome! Best of luck, enjoy in good health! We have two young boys as well and we've made lasting memories on the water that I wouldn't trade for anything.:winkingthumbsup"

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on a great boat.

I'm another boater with 2 boys (7 and 6m0). Hoping to keep making the memories on the water with them as well. It's really a great time to get them away from electronics and such and just DO things instead of watch things.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Fellow Charlottean here if you need help or have questions, feel free to ask. Beautiful boat! Congrats

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome and beautiful boat!!!

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A5D651E5-F643-4EB3-8F89-7C73B0E0AC1E.jpeg Thanks everyone. Maiden voyage today. Such a great boat. Found a temporary home on our neighbors dock just across the street from our house. Kids love it. Feeling blessed

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats. She’s a beauty!!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations.
Looks like the guy across the water has a Yamaha also.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Super Exciting! Beautiful Boat, Looks like a fantastic location also!

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks everyone...I'm realizing that they put the bimini on wrong. :banghead: We were wakeboarding yesterday and the rope would rub on the port side but not the starboard side.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice boat and great to have you.... you can change your roller on the trailer to a Stoltz roller. Its a non marking roller.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome looking Yammy.. I'm a new boater in the Triad but will be trailering to Norman a few times a season for sure.

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the exact same boat used 3 months ago. We have put almost 30 hours on it since then. This past weekend was our last for the season.

Enjoy it. Looks like the previous owner took off the 242x graphics. Looks clean.