• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Time Jet boat Owner

Sqdman43

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Picking up my first Yamaha 242 LTD S tomorrow morning and can not wait to get it on the water. I have been following this thread for about 2 years while waiting to find the right boat. She may be a little older at 2012 but with only 80ish hours on her i'm hoping for a ton of fun this summer. Love that there is a message board like this to get advice and see what everyone is up too.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congrats! Lucky for you, we already have your first 25 upgrades planned out for you too!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! We're expecting pictures tomorrow... 🚤

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations & welcome to the group. Can't wait to see pics.

Sqdman43

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, only picture I have right now It s been raining odd and on here since I've had it. Did get it on the water yesterday for a shake down. Needed to tighten up the throttles. It kept backing down everytime I got them set and let go. I'll have to check today if these storms pass. Anyone ever had theirs fell like it always wants to steer left? I've checked the steering cables and everything is moving smoothly.

Attachments

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Picking up my first Yamaha 242 LTD S tomorrow morning and can not wait to get it on the water. I have been following this thread for about 2 years while waiting to find the right boat. She may be a little older at 2012 but with only 80ish hours on her i'm hoping for a ton of fun this summer. Love that there is a message board like this to get advice and see what everyone is up too.
Congrats! 80 hours is not much, especially for a 2012. I have 49 hours on my 2018 GTS187 and that is low.

You definitely should be all set to have some great times!! Enjoy!!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sorry, only picture I have right now It s been raining odd and on here since I've had it. Did get it on the water yesterday for a shake down. Needed to tighten up the throttles. It kept backing down everytime I got them set and let go. I'll have to check today if these storms pass. Anyone ever had theirs fell like it always wants to steer left? I've checked the steering cables and everything is moving smoothly.
Looks clean! My GTS187 always pulled to the right unless there was wind or current from the right to offset. Most of the time I had to steer at 10 o’clock or so to keep it straight. Everything seemed straight at set-up, so I can only figure it has to be the physics of how it was set up. Perhaps the pumps shoots at a slight angle to direction of travel.

There is a different feeling with jet boats as you are not quite as glued to the water as you are with a prop. However, going propless give us all the benefits that makes us live jet boats.

You have the 24 footer, so you should feel solid in the water. Have fun!

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see that you have PA registration, where are you located and what body of water do you boat on? I'm near Harrisburg and primarily boat on Blue Marsh or Raystown.

Sqdman43

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see that you have PA registration, where are you located and what body of water do you boat on? I'm near Harrisburg and primarily boat on Blue Marsh or Raystown.
I bought the boat from PA, I'm in Maryland and just waiting for DNR to process snail mail. I'll most likely be putting in the lower Susquehanna via trailer and looking to possibly keep the boat in Middle River area.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats! Jet boating is awesome! Enjoy it!