• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time out with 2018 242 SE

Paul Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
sold my 2013 Sx192 - first time out with 2018 242 SE.

The power and ride with mild chop is amazing. Went out for a bit - reverse is rough though. Took a break and installed the JBP fins an lateral thrusters - helps a lot.

Was surprised how nice it was having the table set up - unexpected surprise.

Couple questions

The stock polk speaks do not have much bass at all - has anyone just replaced the speakers without adding anything - did it help?

Using the USB plug - I cannot get cell phone to charge.

When the bulge pump fires up - where is the exit - on the 192 it was right on the side.

Other than that - this things is sweet - love the extra room and smoother ride. Got a car port installed for storage so it Ian not completely out in the elements.

Attachments

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Exit for the bilge should be on right rear side. I just purchased a low hours 2015 242 LS. I can't tell you enough how much I learned from reading the manual. You just invested big $$$ on a boat, I highly recommend reading the manual. It's not too long and has some info you must know about your boat. Enjoy!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a limited, not the e-series - but there should be a thru-hull just aft of the pee holes. That's your bilge exit.

I like the carport - I want to eventually build a garage for mine, but that might hold me over a few years. Any details on it?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sold my 2013 Sx192 - first time out with 2018 242 SE.

The power and ride with mild chop is amazing. Went out for a bit - reverse is rough though. Took a break and installed the JBP fins an lateral thrusters - helps a lot.

Was surprised how nice it was having the table set up - unexpected surprise.

Couple questions

The stock polk speaks do not have much bass at all - has anyone just replaced the speakers without adding anything - did it help?

Using the USB plug - I cannot get cell phone to charge.

When the bulge pump fires up - where is the exit - on the 192 it was right on the side.

Other than that - this things is sweet - love the extra room and smoother ride. Got a car port installed for storage so it Ian not completely out in the elements.
What size is the car port? I was looking to do the same in the future.

Sef123123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
26 ft long - 12 foot high at center - 12 foot long - installed $1300 within 4.5 weeks of ordering
Were did you order it I'm looking to get one for my backyard??

Paul Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Allsteelcarports.com

Call directly - not one of their retailers - was cheaper