• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time owner from Illinois

NickF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wanted to put up my first post and say I look forward to the wealth of knowledge that this forum contains.

I purchased my first 2017 Yamaha 21ft Limited S and couldn't be happier.

Hope I won't annoy to much with question asking, but I'll be using the search feature a lot.

Thanks for having me aboard.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @NickF and congrats on the new boat. I had to look up what a 21' limited S boat was. Sounds like a nice boat, I believe 2017 is the first year for that model. I'd love to see pics and hear what you like most about it.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome: Lets see some pics when you can. Don't worry about annoying questions.....there aren't any that are annoying and there are plenty of people on here with the answers!!!!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congrats on the boat!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome: and congrats on the new ride! Where in Illinois are you? We used to live in Gurnee, have an office in Chicago and Litchfield....and will be in Shelbyville for the 10th annual gathering there at the end of July!

NickF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the welcome

@Julian - I am located in Elk Grove Village, its near O'Hare, currently I'm slipped in Fox Lake. I was browsing the site and the Shelbyville meets sounds awesome, but not sure if I can make it due to work. I would love to get some ideas from owners and the do and don't of what to avoid with owning these boats. Just wish it was closer =(

@itsdgm & @captras - I'm working on getting some pictures, the only ones I have were off the showroom floor. Planning on getting some in the water next weekend. So far I've logged 10 hours and its amazing, handles great, tower is easy to put up and down with low clearances. I just wish the sound system was a little better, guess that will be my winter project, it has 6 speakers, no sub, can't really hear it while under way, and it starts to distort around 80%. Hopefully a JL audio upgrade will take care of that.

Question I had is, I see everyone adding Cobra Fins do they make that much of a difference, cause this 21ft handles pretty well and is very responsive to low speed maneuvering?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the welcome

@Julian - I am located in Elk Grove Village, its near O'Hare, currently I'm slipped in Fox Lake. I was browsing the site and the Shelbyville meets sounds awesome, but not sure if I can make it due to work. I would love to get some ideas from owners and the do and don't of what to avoid with owning these boats. Just wish it was closer =(

@itsdgm & @captras - I'm working on getting some pictures, the only ones I have were off the showroom floor. Planning on getting some in the water next weekend. So far I've logged 10 hours and its amazing, handles great, tower is easy to put up and down with low clearances. I just wish the sound system was a little better, guess that will be my winter project, it has 6 speakers, no sub, can't really hear it while under way, and it starts to distort around 80%. Hopefully a JL audio upgrade will take care of that.

Question I had is, I see everyone adding Cobra Fins do they make that much of a difference, cause this 21ft handles pretty well and is very responsive to low speed maneuvering?
The fins make a huge difference on my 07 AR210. However, I can't speak for your specific year and model. Yours might be totally different, especially if it has an articulating keel.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
13 hours! Geez. Make me feel guilty.

Welcome @NickF! I grew up in Clarendon Hills...

As to your allegedly annoying questions--we have so many of them we made an FAQ! Check it out and you can find new annoying questions you never even thought of yet. It is great. And if you don't find your annoying one on there, please ask it. We love upgrading our FAQ with new annoying questions. :)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome @NickF
I live just a few miles west of you in Elgin. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just purchased the same boat. How you enjoying yours?

NickF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just purchased the same boat. How you enjoying yours?
That's great to hear, I love my purchase. I just wish I was able to get more time on it (20 hours this year).

I haven't really had anything to complain about, I added the Cobra Fins (to me, still on the fence about it). I had an issue with the Starboard's throttle cable not wanting to hold when bringing the engines to 2000-2500 rpm (dealer said they will check it out in the spring), but other than that, it has been great, its comfortable, gets on plane very easily, plenty of room, just have to be careful on the fox in some areas as the seaweed was out of control, but the clean out ports work great. I had no problem dragging around my family on tubes and skis either.

This was my really my first Jet Boat and new boat purchase, I would never look back, I'm sure you will find the same.

We will have to round up a bunch of local Yamaha guys and go out one day next year.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For sure! Yeah it’s our first jet boat as well we are upgrading from an 18ft I/O so this feels like way more boat and storage. We put about 160 hrs on ours this past year so I’m excited to see how much more we’ll be on the new boat.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We do a bunch of trips in the Chicago river and sometimes out on the lake for the air and water show. We definitely need to get our boats out together sometime this season. Did you get the white or black hull?