• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time surfing, sort of.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_0002.JPG Tried to surf for first time over the weekend. I had gotten 1600 lbs in ballast bags last year in trade. Bought a wakewedge during group buy. Got up easy first time. Lots of fun. Ordered another 800 lb bag for the swim deck to hopefully go ropeless. My 16 yo son couldn't get up and got frustrated. He can wakeboard with ease. Not sure if there is any advice I can give him. He was pissed when I popped up right away.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Pinhacker71 nice looking wave!

Have your son watch this video to help him understand the basics for getting up on a wake surf board...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that's how it starts! you need to fill that back bag all the way and then tie it in

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He is probably trying to stand up too quickly and the board is washing out under him. Common for good wakeboarders who can stand up quickly because of the speed and long line.

That is a good looking wave though!

VAMDE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We launch off the swim platform. I feel like that is waaaay easier than trying to stand up. We just stand on the nose of the board until we are up to 10/11mph, and slide off.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
This weekend I'll try off the platform. Looks cool also. Ballast bag should be here by Friday.