• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Trip to Israel today....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I'm heading to Israel today (yeah....great timing on the un-rest front!)....11 hour flight...fun...

Anyone been and have tips/thoughts/suggestions/recommendations?

I've been super busy with new work and new teams in the last month....so haven't been online as much.

I'll post pics here or on the "Show us what you see" thread.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long are you staying? what city/cities will you be in? will you have a free day or just time "after work"?

Do you care about religious aspects or just historical stuff?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I envy you.....have friends and my parents have visited Israel, and they all said it was an incredible trip! Keep us informed with pics, and have a great time!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make sure to enjoy some of their produce. I've had Israeli citrus a couple of times and it was tremendous!

See cultural/historic sites if you can. Take pix and bring back & post 'em up here! Safe travels.

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The Israeli girls are ridiculously hot. Bring back evidence. ;)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure to enjoy some of their produce.
Yep. Freshly squeezed pomegranate juice from cheap street vendors is pretty awesome.
It used to be easy to cross to Sinai for a little o/n trip, but not anymore, which is really too bad because Sinai peninsula is phenomenal.
I'll ask Kate, she has gone more recently.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Visiting the capital of Israel? bad timing @Julian
Hope yall have a great time

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....sucky timing....but I just picked up our office in Israel, so I'll be going here regularly. I had a tour booked on Saturday to Jerusalem, but now I think I'll cancel that and do it some other time....we'll see once I get there and see what my team suggests! Don't really want to get into any shit while there!

I'll be staying in Tel Aviv, and commuting to Beer Sheva and Hoda Sharon (probably spelled those wrong...but anywhere called Beer anything can't be half bad...right?) :)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah....sucky timing....but I just picked up our office in Israel, so I'll be going here regularly. I had a tour booked on Saturday to Jerusalem, but now I think I'll cancel that and do it some other time....we'll see once I get there and see what my team suggests! Don't really want to get into any shit while there!

I'll be staying in Tel Aviv, and commuting to Beer Sheva and Hoda Sharon (probably spelled those wrong...but anywhere called Beer anything can't be half bad...right?) :)
I saw the beer part and my antennae kicked right up.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OH, and tell them you are from Canada and you'l be fine! LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OH, and tell them you are from Canada and you'l be fine! LOL
Our Canadian members have a tendency to show up with “Come and Take It” flags in foreign countires....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did an awesome tour of Jerusalem today! The place was empty because people shied away due to the unrest! Had no idea that the old city was so small.... Just 1 square kilometer (approx).

Here are some photos

Approaching the room where the last supper took place:
20171209_104121.jpg
The western wall, or wailing wall (not allowed to take close up photos on the sabbath)
20171209_114215.jpg

The stone on which Jesus was supposedly laid on after dying on the cross:
20171209_134856.jpg

So many more.... But this hotels internet isn't very good....

Ben Okopnik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just rented a car and drove, for like 15 hours a day. It's... indescribable, to touch the stones where Napoleon walked and Roman troops marched, or to look at the place - where even the stones are burned white and lifeless by the sun - and where men fought to hold, or take, every single inch of that territory. The sense of wonder, if you have any interest in or involvement with history, is immense.

Go see the Masada, and catch Ein Gedi/Mitspe Shalem on the way (lowest spot of land in the world.) Dip your toes in the Dead Sea. Take a drive up and see the Rosh HaNikra grottoes, if you have the time; at least see the Baha'i Gardens, north of Haifa (you've never seen anything like it in your life, I promise.) Go see the apples (!) growing along the northern border, and Mount Hermon should be nice and cool about now. Go by Ma'ale Adumim, and watch the tiny Bedouin kids running like mad and chasing the goats they're herding... in heat that would kill you or me in a couple of seconds flat. Take in Akko, and visit the little Greek taverna there. Drive up to the mountains above Kinneret, and take the road down to the Sea of Galilee. The crater in Mitspe Ramon... the Tel Aviv beaches - my GOD, the girls!!! - oh, and catch the shuk (street market) by the beach in TA!

...hell, I'd better stop before I hyperventilate. It's a place I'm totally crazy about, and I could rave about it for days.

There's a million places to see. I'll be heading there this year, this time for a good long stretch. Enjoy your visit!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We want to go there so bad. Hopefully in a few years. Safe travels.
Papa