• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Trip

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After purchasing the boat in September, which was a 2018 leftover, New England finally blessed us with a great weather day. Did the break in and was out about 3.5 hours. Water is cold, but temp was about 70. Our first boat and we were totally happy with the boat. Launching/loading the boat was really easy. Docking needs a few more reps. Just want to thank you guys because after learning so much from this site I felt like I already had some experience with the boat before getting on the water. I installed the Vipers from CJS and thought they worked very well. Shout out to Twin City Marine in Central Falls, RI for being a great dealership. I installed a Garmin 44cv which was great (however the transducer is not working at all) very easy to use and nice charts. Really didn't think engine/boat noise was bad at all (maybe I'm just deaf). Overall great boat and great day. Thanks for all the knowledge you guys share.20190511_134639.jpg20190511_122112.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SHOES ON THE CUSHIONS?? OMG!!!

just kidding.

What a beautiful boat and what a gorgeous day! Enjoy. The first of many more!!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Share a photo of the transducer placement, might just need an adjustment.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same shoe rule. That said, I don't get nuts over it. I like to enjoy my boat more than enforce the rules draconianly.

Shoes notwithstanding, looks like a great first outing. Congratulations. Many more to come!

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seriously had way more things to overthink, but this will be rectified. Don't have pic of transducer placement but it's where many others have down it on here. Starboard side down low and hanging just below step in hull. Didn't get any depth reading or sonar view.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Seriously had way more things to overthink, but this will be rectified. Don't have pic of transducer placement but it's where many others have down it on here. Starboard side down low and hanging just below step in hull. Didn't get any depth reading or sonar view.
If the transducer is in the water, and you didn’t even get anything while sitting still, I’d suspect a connection or equipment issue. Not moving there should be no interference from turbulence or anything.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ty...when I first got it connected I got an error code that said something like "transducer short circuit". I was able to over ride the error and rechecked the connection again. Couldn't really determine if it was working out of water, but it was DOA in water at all speeds. I didn't stress the cable at all during install and running the cable was pretty easy.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After purchasing the boat in September, which was a 2018 leftover, New England finally blessed us with a great weather day. Did the break in and was out about 3.5 hours. Water is cold, but temp was about 70. Our first boat and we were totally happy with the boat. Launching/loading the boat was really easy. Docking needs a few more reps. Just want to thank you guys because after learning so much from this site I felt like I already had some experience with the boat before getting on the water. I installed the Vipers from CJS and thought they worked very well. Shout out to Twin City Marine in Central Falls, RI for being a great dealership. I installed a Garmin 44cv which was great (however the transducer is not working at all) very easy to use and nice charts. Really didn't think engine/boat noise was bad at all (maybe I'm just deaf). Overall great boat and great day. Thanks for all the knowledge you guys share.View attachment 94077View attachment 94079
Congrats! Beautiful pics!

Re: shoe rules, I gave up on that a long time ago. I let my guests do whatever they want (withing reason - like sneakers or boat loafers) - especially this time of year.
Naked feet are great but not when freezing! And socks or booties can be slippery.

--

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here it will be a loosely enforced rule, picture didn't show it but I violated my own policy with boat shoes on. Way more worried with all the first time things to remember and emphasis on not crashing the boat..lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Let your cushions get ripped to shreds or have permanent marks on them and I bet you'd be enforcing that rule lol. Only boats I'd wear shoes on are fishing boats simply because of all the tackle and sharp stuff so it's more of a safety thing plus those are usually fully carpeted with minimal vinyl. Boats are too nice of a toy to just let get abused for the sake of not asking people to respect your wishes to keep it looking nice for years to come. The wear will add up over time. I've never met a single person that had issue with removing their shoes when asked. If they would have an issue respecting my property they can just stay on the dock lol.

Congrats on getting a nice weather break to enjoy your boat!

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m a strict no shoes rule enforcer. One of my kids jumped in the boat with a pebble stuck in their sneaker, now my rear vinyl seat has a permanent scratch to remind me and them. It’s small but I don’t want anymore.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just gonna ban humans, will be easier.
One thing I can tell you we find helpful is always carrying a bunch of large towels, to cover the seats, and what not.
As far as cleaning - I would recommend buying 303 AP, cheaper in gallon sizes, I find it makes cleaning easier even though it is technically not a cleaner it will make your seats and vinyl last 3 times longer, look,and look like new. Saturate the vinyl and app the seams and don;t use harsh cleaner anything.
I always have it on board in small dispensers (re-used spray bottles), plus microfiber towels.
You can also use 303 on coaming and gelcoat surfaces inside the cockpit, makes them look great but is not slippery. One of the worst thing that can happen in boats are falls. If you wax/rejex gelcoat surface, sprinkle some water over and then step on it - your bum is on it!

--

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you , I've used the 303 on my Waverunner, dealer gave me a sample pack of Vinyl Sauce which seemed pretty good too. Hopefully garaging it will limit some of the damage.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that Fall River heading up the Taunton river? Lived in Bridgewater for 50 yrs

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it is. Launch out of Somerset and hit the Assonet and Taunton and out to the bay. Beautiful area.

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cruising is a blast in these boats. Water too cold for my tastes here in TX but there is fine cruising to be had.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
One thing I can tell you we find helpful is always carrying a bunch of large towels, to cover the seats, and what not.
As far as cleaning - I would recommend buying 303 AP, cheaper in gallon sizes, I find it makes cleaning easier even though it is technically not a cleaner it will make your seats and vinyl last 3 times longer, look,and look like new. Saturate the vinyl and app the seams and don;t use harsh cleaner anything.
I always have it on board in small dispensers (re-used spray bottles), plus microfiber towels.
You can also use 303 on coaming and gelcoat surfaces inside the cockpit, makes them look great but is not slippery. One of the worst thing that can happen in boats are falls. If you wax/rejex gelcoat surface, sprinkle some water over and then step on it - your bum is on it!

--
Ooh! Didn't think about using 303 on the inside gel coat. Will do that!

No joke about falls. Cleaning the boat Friday I slipped when entering from the stern on that space with the removable cushion. Twisted my foot and now it is swollen and black and blue. Needless to say, I just ordered the seadeck mat for that spot!