• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishfinder install on 2019 and newer ar190/195

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm curious where one would install a fishfinder on the newer dash with 4" connect display? I'm looking at a Garmin striker plus 4 which has a vertical orientation and I need to leave some room for a Perfectpass next year, which I would probably mount on the right side of the dash in front of the usb outlet.

20200323_122352.jpg

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with a Simrad 5 go xse. Removed the phone holder, and cut the hole right in the dash for a nice clean flush mount.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm curious where one would install a fishfinder on the newer dash with 4" connect display? I'm looking at a Garmin striker plus 4 which has a vertical orientation and I need to leave some room for a Perfectpass next year, which I would probably mount on the right side of the dash in front of the usb outlet.

View attachment 114244
I would mount it here or here. To mount it in front of the throttle you would need RAM Mounts to secure it. Good luck...

1585593643550.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but what I have installed.
You look like your in my backyard (Florida). Where are you?

M6cabriolet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You look like your in my backyard (Florida). Where are you?
I just bought the boat and the one picture was in Miami, Biscayne Point. I drug it all the way back to North Carolina lol

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just bought the boat and the one picture was in Miami, Biscayne Point. I drug it all the way back to North Carolina lol
Wow! Looks like channels where I live. Enjoy your jet boat. They're tons of fun. Good luck and stay safe...

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but what I have installed.
Heck, that's almost big enough to watch Netflix on! Looks great.

How did u mount the base to the dash? Self taping screws? Did you need to use a backing plate?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's what I'm leaning towards. RAM mount ahead of the throttle.
Those RAM Mounts are so versatile; tons of options. Wish I knew about them a long time ago. :)

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally worked up the courage to drill 4 more holes in my new boat.

I mounted the RAM ball ahead of the throttle with a matching RAM backing plate on the backside instead of washers and nyloks (easier to reach with a large metal piece than small nuts and washers). The backing plate is threaded.

RAM also makes a ball which matches the Garmin baseplate.

This setup gives me options. I can later on move the fishfinder or add another device half way up the medium arm.

The cables I was able to fit through a small gap between the dash and the black glare screen by loosening the glare screen bolts. Power is pulled off the 12V outlet on the dash.

20200404_155550.jpg
20200404_155640.jpg

20200404_155608.jpg

20200404_155739.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally worked up the courage to drill 4 more holes in my new boat.

I mounted the RAM ball ahead of the throttle with a matching RAM backing plate on the backside instead of washers and nyloks (easier to reach with a large metal piece than small nuts and washers). The backing plate is threaded.

This setup gives me options. I can later on move the fishfinder or add another device half way up the medium arm.

The cables I was able to fit through a small gap between the dash and the black glare screen by loosening the glare screen bolts. Power is pulled off the 12V outlet on the dash.

View attachment 115194
View attachment 115196

View attachment 115195

View attachment 115197
That looks really good. Great job! Ram mounts do make life easier.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 115194
View attachment 115196

View attachment 115195

View attachment 115197
Where did you mount the transducer?

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with a SIMRAD GO7, a little over the top for the size of dash but it's awesome.

IMG_8795.jpg

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Which Ram Mount model number did you end up going with? It looks like there are 4 of them on their website for the Striker 4.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I believe it was RAM-B-202-G4U

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you install the transducer yourself? I'm a bit nervous about drilling holes in the hull.