• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fit for Duty... ( towing with Prius )

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not seen too many post about people towing with Prius so I figured I putsomething up.

I towed a seadoo from Dallas to Tampa. Easy tow with average of 32mpg. No issues at all.
I drove with a empty single jet ski trailer from Tampa to Chapin SC. Very easy tow 46mpg
And now the fun part....
@Mainah and @bronze_10 gotnout the way to make sure that there is a shower kit tube and aluminum trailer waiting for me in Chapin SC. Towing 28foot tandem aluminum trailer with the single jet ski on top of it ( 1,400 to 1,500lbs) was a handful. Mpg dropped to 22 and going up the hill was a strangle. At 15 hour trip from Chapin to dallas took 21 hours.

Jetski no problem, boat trailer takes some ( significant ) effort.

Ps. During a heavy rain I run over paddle at 60+mph while towing the boat trailer. The Prius slipped and within less than 2 seconds the stability control had stabilized the car and trailer. That was a very positive surprise.

Note: this was a little less than 3000 miles and although I had changed the oil before I left, the maintanance reminder came on 300 miles prior to dallas.

And off course a picture is a thousand words

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol I love it I almost put a hitch on my prius last year to tow my two jetskis back and forth to my lake house in Columbia SC but never got around to it before I sold the lake house but great to know I could!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not something commonly seen here in Ncal. If I saw you in the road like that I would look twice, three times if with a boat trailer without a boat.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That setup was definitely one of a kind particularly after the jetski trailer was loaded on top of the boat trailer behind the Prius. Not sure the angle of the photo does it justice. Prius + 28ft aluminum boat trailer + jet ski trailer + 3000 miles in a weekend = Big Hairy Ones * Crazy.

Seriously though it was great meeting @bronze_10 and @Betik.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Only happens when you got friends who are willing to get out the way to help you out. :)