• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fitting a Fortress FX11 Anchor To Fit An AR240 Anchor Locker

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2017 AR240 and a Fortress FX11 anchor. I had to trim a little bit off the stock and about 2 or 3 inches off the shank. Dill a new hole at the end of the shank same size as the original. After that it fits perfect in the anchor locker in the stock brackets. In the winter I anchor in pretty rough water with howling winds on the Columbia, I don't trust the FX7 to hold in those conditions. I know cutting down the shank will reduce the holding power a bit, but with 6 feet of chain it shouldn't be too big a loss. Still much more hold than an FX7. I use an FX7 for the stern anchor.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im sure it will be fine, but i would have more chain than 6 feet and it will be better

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm only anchoring in 10 - 20 feet of water. I've never had a problem with 6 feet before, but if I do I'll use more!