• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fitting for hose to flush hole

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will either of these attachments work with an ‘18 AR195 to attach a standard garden hose to? (Didn’t even know this was needed in the 1.5 yrs I had the boat!)

Attachments

• 728C3B1E-6752-4AC7-965A-29317BF99653.png
    728C3B1E-6752-4AC7-965A-29317BF99653.png
    736.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 1833C46A-321C-4274-83F5-B9D018808E0D.png
    1833C46A-321C-4274-83F5-B9D018808E0D.png
    898 KB · Views: 23
The blue one looks like what we had on our SX190, I don't think they have changed the connector, just the location for the 2019's. If you have never flushed the engine remember to start the engine first and then flush, and then after you flush turn the water off first and then the engine. I normally gave it a quick bump on the throttle after I had turned the water off to try and clear the system. I'm sure there is a clearer explanation in the owners manual, just didn't want you to start the flush before the engine and vice versa it can flood the exhaust and then there could be problems.

I think both are the same, but one has the leader hose. Either should work. I'm assuming the ports are the same as my 08.

i used both for my 18 AR195, short one (came with boat when purchased) for flush engine after each trip, long one for winterize/salt-away or just spare in case the short one missing.

I highly recommend getting a garden hose ball valve to put between the hose and that connector for doing flushes so you don't need a second person to turn the hose on. Make sure you don't put the water on until the engine has started and turn the water off right before you shut the engine off to avoid hydrolock.

Will either of these attachments work with an ‘18 AR195 to attach a standard garden hose to? (Didn’t even know this was needed in the 1.5 yrs I had the boat!)
I had them both. The blue one started leaking so I purchased the other one. It was much better. A garden hose valve is a must. Makes life easier.

Thanks for the replies. For you guys who are doing this to warm the engine oil, about how long are you running the engine (I'll adjust for the fact that I'm doing this in the summer)?

Last time I changed my oil ran each engine on the hose for 5 minutes before doing each respective extraction. The oil viscosity was sufficiently lowered to make for a quick extraction using my manual extractor pump.

Back