• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Flag pole.. Anybody use one of these??

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Wondering how this would be to fly our new flags, I wonder if it would affect the stern light socket?http://bit.ly/1rhfpIT

Well, you wouldn't be able to use your light, of course.

I figured what's the point of flying a flag at night???? Also I was thinking I bet I could turn it into a flag pole / light with a little modification..

Couldn't we just zip tie a flag to our current light? I haven't ever really given it much attention, but would it be strong enough?

I figured what's the point of flying a flag at night???? Also I was thinking I bet I could turn it into a flag pole / light with a little modification..
That's what I was thinking. Don't think I'd be doing WOT with that in there though.

I thought about that too, zip tie it, I just thought the telescoping deal was cool, figured you could have it in the down position if you were going to be WOT a lot, I would think the light pole we have would be strong enough, I really was wondering about the socket, if it would be strong enough..

I zip tie to the tower.

I zip tie to the tower.
I also just zip tie to the tower, however I zip tie to a quick release key ring top and bottom and opposite end through the flag hole. To remove slide lock and it is released. Takes 1 second. 1TCY1_AS01.JPG Can be purchased most places that make keys.

Last edited:
I always just zip-tied a flag to the lightpole on my Bayliner as well. Now that I have a tower I might look into a mount/pole for that.

I like those @Boat Crazy I actually zip tie these to the tower. They are pilot checklist rings. Easy to hook flags to.
image.jpg

Hey now!!!!! You guys are going to give me a "NO TOWER COMPLEX" LOL.. I like those quick release key chains, good idea..

@Boat Crazy @jawsf16 Thanks for the tips. This might have just saved me about $100 in flag mounting hardware.

I actually purchased one of those poles. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161248043171
SAD MISTAKE.
If ya decide to "open 'her up" ......... you may discover your flag floating somewhere in the lake.
I am now looking for a better solution. This pole AIN'T it ! Not if you are interested in a SECURE pole !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

I actually purchased one of those poles. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161248043171
SAD MISTAKE.
If ya decide to "open 'her up" ......... you may discover your flag floating somewhere in the lake.
I am now looking for a better solution. This pole AIN'T it ! Not if you are interested in a SECURE pole !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Thanks for the info @MikeyL , looks like I will keep shopping or use some of the good tips above..,

I also just zip tie to the tower, however I zip tie to a quick release key ring top and bottom and opposite end through the flag hole. To remove slide lock and it is released. Takes 1 second. View attachment 4492 Can be purchased most places that make keys.

I think I better clarify what type zip tie I use. I use the type that that has a small loop on the end. I then thread the key ring through the loop prior to fastening to tower. This prevents the key ring from scratching the tower. I will post a picture tonight of zip tie to eliminate any confusion.

I used one on my old boat and still have it. Doesn't work that well.

I think I better clarify what type zip tie I use. I use the type that that has a small loop on the end. I then thread the key ring through the loop prior to fastening to tower. This prevents the key ring from scratching the tower. I will post a picture tonight of zip tie to eliminate any confusion.
IMG_1547.jpg IMG_1547.jpg

Back