• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flag pole holders

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I looked at waketower flag poles and refused to spend 85 dollas..I need that extra cash to help make America Great Again.

So flag pole, piece o pvc, one stainless screw, 2 band straps, and a 8 dollar Amazon flag. Total in $20.

Be honest does my flag trigger you?

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm Canadian... couldn't care less. The pvc and clamps though... that should be banned. ;)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think your post borders on politics but the flag itself doesn’t trigger me.
I agree with @Luc Lafreniere though and think the mount could look a lot better.
I bought two of the mounts in the attached pic when they were $10 but they are still worth what they currently cost.
ita held in place on a bimini pole with a couple of zip ties.
81F1BCAD-0C5C-4E23-A58A-66A79EEFD5C0.png

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks great! Think I'll order that instead for a cleaner look since cheap. refuse to spend $90 on a flag pole holder

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks great! Think I'll order that instead for a cleaner look since cheap. refuse to spend $90 on a flag pole holder
I bought a stainless steal fishing rod holder with bar clamp from eBay for $30. Looks great, and I can hold poles. For a flag pole Walmart has wooded ones for $4, I just screwed two eye hooks into it and clamped them closed around the flag holes. Super easy to take the flags up/down and it looks clean.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a stainless steal fishing rod holder with bar clamp from eBay for $30. Looks great, and I can hold poles. For a flag pole Walmart has wooded ones for $4, I just screwed two eye hooks into it and clamped them closed around the flag holes. Super easy to take the flags up/down and it looks clean.
would it fit around a larger wakeboard tower though? Link to what your's looks like?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If by triggering you mean I do a double take and wonder "What the he¡¡ is this person thinking, other than wishing to trigger people?" Then I can tick the triggered box. I worry greatly {because of my fears and experiences, but they include political banter, so I'll take them out of here}

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would have thought that being a member for 1 1/2 years you could see how we struggle to keep the forum from politics and intentionally asking someone if they're "triggered" by your flag is just the tit for tat that starts rants and ruins our place for boat talk.

There is a place called "yamahajetboaters.net", you can provoke, profane and spew whatever you want (as long as you don't organize a group buy without paying a "tribute" or criticize a tribal logo idea.

I am triggered by your flag holder. As someone aspiring to be red neck it looks more like something that would be on my white trash boat. I mean why did you buy a surf board, why didn't you just take the closet door of the hinges and use it ?? At least reposition those worm clamps so the extra isn't hanging out.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Flag doesn't trigger me. Kinda like the size honestly. **edit**.....Just saw the trump face over it. Never mind, you can keep it. Size is right, don't care for the politicization of the countries flag.

Political crap I'll just look past. Everyone has an opinion, and nobody is right......ever......myself included.

That holder though. Yikes man. I'm a mechanical engineer that leans into industrial design pretty heavily. It HAS to work first (this part you nailed), but it should look good doing it, and an elegant solution is always a better solution than the easiest/cheapest one. Here's a 2 pack of brackets for $12 that you could have screwed to the $4 Walmart Flag Pole listed above. You're under $20, and it doesn't look nearly as.....well....rigged.

Last edited:

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
would it fit around a larger wakeboard tower though? Link to what your's looks like?
YaI have two mounted on my tower. I believe it’s 2 inch. Link below, appears to be sold out but they have other option. Also came with some rubber to protect the paint. You can see it in my pic if zoom in. I’m not home at the moment to take a closer pic.

CEA98B3A-473C-457E-BAF0-3335C3D46226.jpeg

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I looked at waketower flag poles and refused to spend 85 dollas..I need that extra cash to help make America Great Again.

So flag pole, piece o pvc, one stainless screw, 2 band straps, and a 8 dollar Amazon flag. Total in $20.

I would have thought you'd done so well in the Trump Economy you could have afforded to spend $85 on a real flag pole holder instead of putting that atrocity on your boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YaI have two mounted on my tower. I believe it’s 2 inch. Link below, appears to be sold out but they have other option. Also came with some rubber to protect the paint. You can see it in my pic if zoom in. I’m not home at the moment to take a closer pic.

Not sure where you took that picture, but the water clarity is spectacular. The other "decorations" on the boat seem nice as well. When can I come visit?

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here's one....

i ended up with an airhead flag holder for about the same price....

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure where you took that picture, but the water clarity is spectacular. The other "decorations" on the boat seem nice as well. When can I come visit?
Crab Island, Destin, Florida. It’s not a bad to place to call home, especially with a boat. Beaches are that color as well most of the summer if the surf isn’t rough.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’d know that Crab Island water anywhere. Here it was July 2019

3333AE7B-38F7-46B7-8079-D863428A5BAE.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crab Island, Destin, Florida. It’s not a bad to place to call home, especially with a boat. Beaches are that color as well most of the summer if the surf isn’t rough.
That's what I thought.

I've seriously got to get a bigger boat. That looks amazing!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Milwmarc, Political posts are not allowed on our forum. I appreciate your simple flag pole solution. Please take the politics elsewhere.

@Administrative

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please adminstration, delete thread per your request.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Politics, could care less. No matter what your views or party no one is looking out for me and my family but me. I come to this forum to learn about my boat and boating from some really good people. I dont get easily offended, but I do enjoy spending time on this forum to get away from the non stop barrage from the media and all the non sense that goes with it. Let's just stick to boats and boating.