• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flag Pole

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wanted to share what I put together for a flagpole, I've seen a number of different approaches to it, but hadn't seen one that I liked that could support two flags and quickly go up/down.

I installed the Airhead Wake Tower flag holder and matching watersports flag last weekend, and was impressed with the quality of the mount and flagpole, so decided to pick up another to use to fly our regular flags. I 3D printed some slip on fittings to attach to the pole, and will attach the flags to the fittings using S-Lock Caribiners (stole this idea off Maniah). This will give me an easy way to deploy flags and quickly swap. My only complaint about the Airhead mount was the risk of losing flags underway (though unlikely), so I did tap a hole to accept a set screw. I'm just using one flag holder for now, and will just swap out flags when we're tubing/boarding.

And the model I made to attach to the pole (can make this available if anyone wants to print their own. This is an improved version of what's pictured, they were just quick mockups for proof of principle.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@seanmclean, I'm moving along the same path you just tread and I've been trying to decide what to use for a flagpole. If I'm reading you right, you bought a spare Airhead watersports flag and just stripped the flag off the pole?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean, I'm moving along the same path you just tread and I've been trying to decide what to use for a flagpole. If I'm reading you right, you bought a spare Airhead watersports flag and just stripped the flag off the pole?
Yep, exactly.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the post. I get paranoid with other boaters getting to close during watersports, so I use 2 airhead holders (i really like them the best so far) one on each side of the tower to fly the watersports warning orange flag. I like your idea I think I'll convert one to fly the US and Jetboaters flag.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking at it some more, I may cut the pole down some. Don't need to fly them quite as high as the watersports flag. Maybe just above the bimini.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought the airhead flag pole holders too. I just stuffed foam insulation in mine which worked fine until I drove on the highway and the wind blew out the foam while there was no pole in it....but new foam is easy to stuff in.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Revised flag clip I made came out nice.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lopped 10" off the pole. Much happier with the way it looks now.

Teaching myself how to powdercoat now, so I can get that mount to disappear into the tower.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wish I could find that flag holder in black

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, me too. Just bought a harbor freight powdercoating kit and a cheap toaster oven. Anything worth doing is worth overcomplicating, in my book. :) First attempt went well, will try a few more things and then give the flagholder a whirl. I have a gloss black powder coming which should match the tower nicely.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice!
Let me know results!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brilliant!......in a flat black kinda way....:D

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tested out the mirror black on a spare piece, looks like a pretty good match to me. Going to take a whack at the whole mount tomorrow.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks real good! Can I send you too lol

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let's see how well mine comes out first, hah!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's not a 100% match, but its close enough for me. Mount blends into the tower now, which is what I was really after.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just putting it out there, if anyone wants theirs coated, I'd be happy to do it for $40 including return shipping and the set screw tapped with knurled stainless screw. Have enough of the black powder to do a few more - if you want to pick a color for some of the other towers, could do that too (but nothing to compare it to on my end).

You could probably rattlecan it and get good results - but this should be nice and durable.