• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fluid Film on everything?

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I've done some searching and reading on past threads and it seems that Yamashield, CRC 6-5-6, and Fluid Film seems to be the top choices for corrosion protection on hardware and engine parts, so after reading I decided on CRC 6-5-6, but when I went to buy the stuff, it seems to be the ONLY CRC product that nobody seemed to have. At my last stop at O'Reily's I ended up picking up some Fluid Film and tested it our today on the some locks and screws. Seems to work well, but appears to leave a brownish/yellowish residue. Do I just need to shake the can up better? Should it spray clear or have this yellowish tint. I was planning use it for corrosion protection on my engine as well are all hinges and metal parts on the boat It seems most people that use this stuff swear by it. It seems to be safe to apply to almost anything with it's non-corrosive lanolin base. Anything I shouldn't use it on? Insight from others using this product is appreciated. Planning to used it on the boat trailer as well but don't want to leave a brownish/yellow mess on everything.......especially my engine!

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive used them all , they all work fine but im done with the CRC.. i can never get the can empty before it runs out of gas and doesnt spray anymore with a half a can left...i went with the Lowes special Blaster brand silicone spray a few years ago and works just as well and is less expensive

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OP.
The film is it protection and Yes its messy so spray lighty
It does stay on for a while and makes working on engine slippy.

definitely want that layer if you boat in salt water

I spray then wipe excess that gets around white.

Get pump with film too.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
white lithium grease in a spray can $4.99 or less at Walmart I coat everything with it I only run in salt and have over 800 hours on current 1800 engines
1601079597004.png

Last edited:

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Corrosion X on the engine and all electrical in the bay and throughout the boat. Also, on all hose clamps.
I spray everything once a year. Three years in only salt water and no problems.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have used Boeshield on the pumps a lot but grabbed some Fluid Film a while back as it is readily available and cheaper for sure. I use it on the boat but really like it on the suspension and frame of my truck as well as the camper frame. It makes them look like new and stays that way for a while keeping everything corrosion free and easy for the next application. I also wipe down my big compressor occasionally and it really makes it shine like new.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is good to be a retired with a pension and have 4 Patents. I use Deep Creep by Seafoam and thought that was expensive for corrosion. But our personal Jeff Bezos drops $499 a can WOW.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's only $ or a .

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback from everybody. I'm almost always running in fresh water, but will likely be in brackish for about a week in the late spring. I'm also looking to make sure all my metal parts are protected as the boat is going to have to stay in my driveway over the winter.........on a waiting list for a boat storage unit with power. I can't believe it's so hard to find a unit right now. I have the galvanized trailer, so I'm planning to just spray protectant on all the metal parts on the boat and hitch and roller hardware on the trailer. Going to cover the boat with the white shipping cover and then place a neutral colored tarp over that for the rain. No HOA in my neighborhood so leaving it in the driveway isn't an issue.......although I'd much rather it be inside.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Fluid Film lasts MUCH longer than CRC656. Yes it does leave a yellowish brown snotty look but it works great and really lasts. I would not spray the entire engine with it, just the parts that can corrode.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Fluid Film lasts MUCH longer than CRC656. Yes it does leave a yellowish brown snotty look but it works great and really lasts. I would not spray the entire engine with it, just the parts that can corrode.
Interesting the white lithium grease does exactly the same thing & looks the same , go figure!

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Interesting the white lithium grease does exactly the same thing & looks the same , go figure!
Good tip, that’s a little cheaper than Fluid Film I think. I used to go through multiple cans of CRC656 per season but I can easily get through a whole season or more with one can of Fluid Film. I buy it when they have 25% off sales at Autozone or Advance.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Over the decades I have tried a lot of different things actually bees wax is very effective for protecting things in water, Silicon spray is ok and I used that for years until I found that white lithium grease is excellent and does not wear off or drop off even on the exhaust manifold it leaves a film but protects the aluminum I also spray it on all my electrical connectors, I still use silicon dielectric grease on my spark plug boots so they never stick to the spark plugs. I spray the white lithium on all the pivot points of the nozzles and reverse gates as well as the cables and other moving parts. I have found silicon spray does eat into some plastics so I seldom use that now.