• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing quistion

Boyd95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just had a new sbt motor installed. It’s been running great. While flushing today I noticed water coming out of this hole (see picture) on the new engine only. It comes out at a steady flow. Water also comes out of the other ports as they normally do.
Thank you

Attachments

Boyd95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could it be a issue then with the starboard engine? Water doesn’t come out there on that engine. It runs fine. Starboard engine is the original one

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Boyd95 When you first start a cool engine the closed t-stat increases the pressure in the exhaust water jacket causing water to exit the hole in question. As the t-stat opens the pressure in the exhaust decreases. Usually you won't have any water come out that hole once the engine is warm. It will exit the t-stat, the water box, and the pee holes.

Boyd95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Boyd95 When you first start a cool engine the closed t-stat increases the pressure in the exhaust water jacket causing water to exit the hole in question. As the t-stat opens the pressure in the exhaust decreases. Usually you won't have any water come out that hole once the engine is warm. It will exit the t-stat, the water box, and the pee holes.
Thank you for response, ever since I had to replace the engine i've become paranoid lol

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Funny you posted this today @Boyd95. I warmed my engines today for a oil change and noticed that too. My boat doesn't pee out the pee holes when idling. Should I be concerned? I've only taken the boat out once and you have to throttle up to get them to pee. I keep golf tees in them when not in use.

bobbyc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a used ar230. I had it running today for the first time on the hoses in the driveway. Neither engine would spit water out the visual holes on the side of the hull when I revved them up. Nice hot water was coming out from above the jets though the t-stat hole mentioned above. And a little bit out the exhaust pipe jacket hole mentioned above.

I opened up the engine bay and detached the cooling line that leads to the side of the boat; blew on each port and starboard. They are clear. Hopefully they start shooting water out when I take it to the lake this week

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is common NOT to see water coming out the pee hole when connected to the hose. Much of the water just flows backward out the pickup screen located in the jet. You can clamp the line between the screen and the Y fitting to increase the water pressure going through the exhaust and engine. Be careful not to clamp between the Y fitting and the engine. Next time out just lean over and verify you are getting a steady stream from all 4 ports with 7000 rpm and above.

Boyd95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny you posted this today @Boyd95. I warmed my engines today for a oil change and noticed that too. My boat doesn't pee out the pee holes when idling. Should I be concerned? I've only taken the boat out once and you have to throttle up to get them to pee. I keep golf tees in them when not in use.
Yeah that’s normal. Mine does the same thing when boat is in the water. The water only comes out the side when you throttle up. It never comes out while idleing.