• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flying a flag

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 ar240. I am very particular about the American flag. I want to fly my American flag all the time. I want to be able to take it down when trailering but when I'm on the water I want it displayed and flying. I see some people have them connected to the Bimini. That's cool only when the bimini is open. Sometimes we don't open our Bimini at all. I do have a Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder far watersports flag but I don't want to have to take down the American flag and I don't want to spend the money to purchase another one. On a old boat I just use zip ties which I was thinking about doing on this boat however it's a forward leaning Tower. I'm probably overthinking this

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Consider drilling a small hole in the top of the tower tow point and mounting a flag up there.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am also interested. I wonder if they make a mount that clamps on to the tower somewhere

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a couple of these
Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder $49
amazon

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
does the holder pivot? that looks like it would be angling the flag pole in an awkward forward manner along with the tower

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They make another model without a separate attachment that is priced at $10. It is held in place usually on a Bimini pole with zip ties.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Emory

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a beautiful boat! I bought a marine flush mount aluminum flag pole holder and mounted it in the recess where the anchor light would go on my AR240. I prefer an aft flag myself.

IMG_2732.PNG

IMG_2734.PNG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Emory

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks!. The thing hanging in my locker is form IKEA it's called "Stugvik" which is a $5-$7 suction cup mount toothbrush holder. But since it has enough space, I use it for a couple of specialty dock lines that I have (ratchet straps with caribiners) for this one particular restaurant that we like to dock at Lake Candlewood which only has these rings to tie off to. I put a factory picture and a link below for anyone who's interested. I have about six of these stuck in various all over the inside the boat as well.
Cheers!

IMG_2738.PNG

http://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/art/70299493/