• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foam cannon????

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone here use a foam cannon on your boat to wash it? What brand and how do you like it?

TIA!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use one on my truck. I have the Chemical Guys eqp345 torq gun and it works great with an electric pressure washer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also got all of my soaps and foam cannon from The Chemical Guys. I use the MTM foam cannon with a 2,000 psi electric pressure washer and get great results.

Just understand that foam cannons are not a replacement for actually scrubbing and washing your vehicle. That is still required. The intent is to allow the foam to loosen and slide the grit and dirt off the surface prior to scrubbing with a mitt so you don't get micro scratches and other blemishes.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just want the soap to stay on long enough for me to actually scrub it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just use a soap attachment for my $99 power washer from Lowes. $20 attachment... and use foaming soap. Works really well.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just use a soap attachment for my $99 power washer from Lowes. $20 attachment... and use foaming soap. Works really well.
I will give this a shot!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The thing that makes that MTM foam cannon work so well is the adjust ability. When I got mine, I played with different soaps, temp of the water and how much soap to mix in with the water in the bottle.

Then once I got that figured out, then I could play with the fan of the foam on the cannon, and the soap mixture at the gun. Add on the MTM gun and wand, and it makes a $99 Electric pressure washer into a dream to work with. The icing on the cake was adding on a 50' hose and quick release hose fittings to all junctions. That eliminated twisting hoses to the faucet and to the gun and allowed me to walk around my entire boat and truck without stopping to move the pressure washer.

Check out MTM Hydro for all of these things. They are a bit more, but there are tons of happy customers making comparison videos on YouTube showing it is the real deal.

Good luck!

PS: Since shooting this video, I added a stainless wand to the gun to add some reach

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I actually use the same exact soap

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used a 7.99 per gallon soap from napa. Meguiars i think

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you guys spray the exterior and the interior then just rinse it all down and dry? Do you have to be careful about getting water into anything?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So you guys spray the exterior and the interior then just rinse it all down and dry? Do you have to be careful about getting water into anything?
I spray everything. Just keeping a good distance from the obvious stuff stereo,gauges etc. so your not forcing water where it doesn’t belong. It’s a boat after all it’s meant to get wet.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about the seats? You must have to dry them thoroughly between the cracks? I think my biggest worry would be mold.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What about the seats? You must have to dry them thoroughly between the cracks? I think my biggest worry would be mold.

I let them air dry for a bit then wipe everything down. Then normally apply 303 or vinyl sauce. I normal only wash at this level after a big trip Where the boat is really dirty. No issues with mold so far.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No issues with mold either and I do pretty much the same as @DieselCamel

Just be mindful of the pressure washer being too close around soft surfaces and SeaDek but otherwise no issues and you can ask any of the local guys if my boat still looks clean like new. My vinyl gets wiped dry, apply Mary Kate Ultimate vinyl cleaner then seal with 303 protectant.