• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fogging a 2019 AR195...

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any Service bulletins on how to Fog the motor properly for the supercharged SVHO on a 2019 AR195? For some reason i am finding nothing. Thanks for the help!

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well this is sad... you all have nothing??? I guess i am just going to plan on starting it up occasionally through the winter months since its in my garage.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't have any specific safety bulletins or reference paperwork, but on my 2018 SX195 (Same SVHO motor) there is a small inlet near the intake hose that I typically fog through for winterization. Everyone winterizes slightly different so here is my basic routine:

1) Clean/detail and wash boat, remove all items from inside, open all compartments and install damp-rid items (I shrink wrap my boat)
2) Run the boat up to temp, make sure everything is working before I put it away. burp throttles to remove excess water (antifreeze is an option)
3) Fog the engine until it stalls out (there are good videos online from JBP and other sources to aid here)
4) Oil change and change our spark plugs (some people fog the top of the heads when the plugs have been removed)
5) Remove battery, shrink wrap, store boat

Some people wait until the spring to do the oil and plugs and there are numerous threads on here detailing pro's and con's so I won't list them here. This is generally what I have done and it has worked for me thus far, but everyone is different. Biggest key is if you are in a northern climate is to get as much of the water out of the boat as possible. That's a general rule of thumb I think everyone agrees on.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry you didn't get a response from someone with that engine or with specific info from a service manual. That being said I'd be shocked if there wasn't info found using the search.

Anyway, the 2 methods I have used on my boat (albeit a different engine) are:
- Spray fogging oil thru the air intake while the engine is running, balancing the amount you spray in while keeping the engine from completely bogging down for a certain amount of time (1-2 mins from memory).
- Remove each spark plug and spray a good amount into each hole to give it a good coating inside the piston head. Replace the plugs, then crank the engine for a few seconds with the lanyard removed so the engine doesn't start, just turns over.

Regardless of method I would recommend checking and replacing the plugs after the fogging oil has worn off (maybe after first day out, or ran on the hose for a bit).

The spark plug hole method has been my preferred method for the last few years and has not shown any issues to my boat which sits for 6-7 mo. during the winter.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for the lack of response @icemanj16. I can't give you specific advice on your model but in general you want to remove your air filter and spray fogging oil into the air intake of the running engine until the oil chokes the engine and it stops. Then immediately turn off your water. You next want to remove your spark plugs, spray about 3-4 seconds of fogging oil into each spark hole. With the lanyard removed crank the engine for 3-4 seconds to distribute the oil. Place a rag or old towel over the open spark plug holes to prevent splatter.

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks! Much appreciated info. That is what my research has show and i agree with all of you. Its my first season with this boat so i want to make sure I didn't miss anything of fog it incorrectly. I will be running antifreeze through just for the sanity sake even those these self drain.

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well just finished this up over the weekend. I ran antifreeze through with an electric pump (while engine was running), pulled out the plug and sprayed around 5 seconds of Yamaha fogging oil into the cylinders, put it back together and turned it over a few times with the lanyard disconnected. I did not want to run the fogging through the supercharger from the air box. Also took out the battery. Hope this is good enough. It will be in an insulated house attached garage for the winter.

Tigger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Iceman, I have the same exact boat as you. I’m trying to put antifreeze through mine. But I think it all ran right out through the intake. Did you clamp off the intake hose coming from near the impeller? If so, how did you get to it? It doesn’t appear you can get to it through the engine compartment. Do I have to take all of the screws out of the rear hatch and go down through there? At the clean out plug?

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did not clamp anything off. So i probably did it wrong. I ran it up to about 2K rpms and turning on my pump that sat in a 5gallon bucket with 3 gallons of antifreeze in it. I would think that would be good enough?

Tigger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the same thing. I know for a fact that I pumped it into the clean out hose intake, and it ran right out of the screen intake at the jet nozzle. Nothing even came out of the pissers. A total waste of time. I blew some compressed air into all 3 pissers to at least clean out the inter cooler and the oil cooler. Water then air came out at the jet nozzle intake screen. That was a success. I am planning on removing the 4 bolts at the intake screen at the jet nozzle then take out and clean the intake screen. While the screen is out I will stick my finger or something else to block the hole and then do the antifreeze flush process. I’m surprised no one else does this. I’ll let the readers know how it works. As far as pinching off the line in a 2019 AR195 - good luck. There isn’t a y, there is an x and you’ll never reach it. It is behind the bulkhead on the opposite side of the engine compartment. You can’t really see it, but if you’re an orangutan, you can touch it. (Through the rear hatch at the swim platform next to the clean out tube.)

Regarding your initial question of fogging:
I have the service manual. I would highly recommend buying it. I paid $75 online. It states spray rust inhibitor for 5 seconds into the breather tube every 100 hours to lubricate the the throttle body valve. If you need more info. I can try to upload the pages.

Regarding the service manual: I read the entire thing cover to cover. I read the maintenance chapter 3 about a dozen times. There isn’t one goddamn thing anywhere about having to winterize or add antifreeze to this boat. In the owner/ operators manual that comes with the boat, it says to have the “dealer” winterize your boat. WTF is there some sort of top secret “dealers only” service manual?

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Tigger I agree, the lack of info on this is shocking. Everyone says these motors are self draining. How much water came out when you did air into the 3 pisser ports? Maybe that's all I have left to do.

Also, where did you get the service manual?

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tigger I agree, the lack of info on this is shocking. Everyone says these motors are self draining. How much water came out when you did air into the 3 pisser ports? Maybe that's all I have left to do.

Everyone is a bit different on their winterization procedures. The engines are self draining as well as the rest of the boat provided you can get the bow up high enough to get a good angle for the water to find its way out.

Anti-freeze really isn't necessary especially if you "burp" the throttles to clear out the water in systems and the water boxes for the exhaust. Some people run the anti-freeze for piece of mind, others don't.

There are plenty of people in Canada and other northern climates who store the boats outside routinely with sub-zero winter temperatures with no anti-freeze with no issues. You can search around the forum as well for answers from different members with different boats. The more modern 1.8L engines (super charged and non-supercharged) pretty much function the same way whether it is on a 24ft or 19ft. So procedures, locations of oil filters, cooling systems, etc are very similar across most of the Yamaha line-up. The SVHO is really the only odd-ball as it is only in the 19ft and 27ft series at this point, but they are the same blocks and similar components as the other 1.8 engines in the 19, 21 and 24ft boats.

Just like everything else, clear the water to allow room for expansion and you'll be okay. Everything else from stabilizing the fuel, cleanings, anti-freeze, oil and spark plugs before or after the winter are really just additional preventative measures and some of which really are just personal preferences.

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@scubasteve87 Thanks for the reassurance. I just want to make sure i am doing it right. I did pretty much everything you mentioned above. I like the fact that the engines pretty much self drain. My biggest issue was where to fog the damn thing and i didnt want to run fogging oil through the supercharger so i just sprayed a few seconds in each plug hole and turned it over for a few seconds with the lanyard off.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@scubasteve87 Thanks for the reassurance. I just want to make sure i am doing it right. I did pretty much everything you mentioned above. I like the fact that the engines pretty much self drain. My biggest issue was where to fog the damn thing and i didnt want to run fogging oil through the supercharger so i just sprayed a few seconds in each plug hole and turned it over for a few seconds with the lanyard off.
No worries at all. The forum is a great source of information and the search tool is your friend. Can't count the number of times I have found answers to a question that was answered by someone with a AR240 or even an older SX230.

The fogging is probably different with your boat versus mind considering the redesign in 2019. I have a small inlet right near the air intake that I can spray right in and that has worked for me thus far, however I remember reading on here it somewhere that he airbox is in a slightly different location so that inlet may no longer exist on your end.

Tigger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Iceman,

For the service manual:

Probably a cup or two of water came out of the intake when I blew air into the pisser ports.