• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fold Tower on AR230?

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it possible to remove the front pins on a 2009 AR230 tower and fold it back? There is some really convenient boat storage for me but the tow point and top of the rack put me about 4 inches too high. To me it looks like you could remove those large pins on each side and pivot it back enough to lower that much but maybe I am completely wrong.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20181004_122035.jpg Mine is a 2005, so not sure on the difference, but with mine you can pull those pins and rotate the tower. What I have found is that the tower isn't completely square and when you rotate the tower it can warp the two bolts that are still in. The other issue I found (I rotate mine forward) is that there isn't enough play in the pivot point to get all the way down. I had part of it ground down so it could pivot freely without binding.

The tower is taller when folded to the back than when folded forward.

20180824_155112.jpg 20181004_121814.jpg

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this exact boat..could I ask you to measure the highest point when folded like that..I have an 8 foot garage height opening. I would GREATLY appreciate and save me all the time of grinding it folding it and finding out it wouldn't fit.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is at 8' 9" currently while not connected to my truck.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you very much